Cirrus jet "mockup" actually flying model

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Dan and I just watched it land at Oshkosh with our own eyes! Dan got a bit of video before it was hidden in a hangar.

Thinks, nothin'. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Video is on its way up now, watch Pilotcast.com...

I think you're wrong. I don't think that is the Cirrus Jet. Doesn't look right unless they made some major changes from the mock up. Engine is at a different angle, nose and fuse are shaped differently... I think you may have jumped the gun on your exclusive announcement.

there is a thread on avsig about that plane Kent. the thought over there is that it is not the Jet but who knows. Its tail number is registered to a Swift Engineering. I guess you will probably find out for sure today.

yea that is interesting.

there are still hopes that Cirrus will fly the Jet in today. lotsa rumors floating around.

yea that is interesting.

there are still hopes that Cirrus will fly the Jet in today. lotsa rumors floating around.

Yeah, it's the new Eclipse. Now the question is, who ripped off who?

Cirrus didn't even bring a full size mockup of theirs. Their presentation on it was less than spectacular.

Cirrus didn't even bring a full size mockup of theirs. Their presentation on it was less than spectacular.

yes cirrus has said many times that they were not bringing their mockup to oshkosh, which lead many to believe that they would show up with a flying prototype. we'll see.

Neither of them mecessarilly ripped off each other. The configuration has been on drawing boards since the 1950s because it makes sense.

Bizarre, though, isn't it? Eclipse has just started shipping it's VLJ, now it's prototyping a downmarket jet. I thought the VLJ was THE single pilot jet. Now, it turns out, it isn't.

Meanwhile, Piper is still oiling the tooling on the Archer/Arrow line. Oh, wait, yeah, they're gonna have a jet too!!!

Neither of them mecessarilly ripped off each other. The configuration has been on drawing boards since the 1950s because it makes sense.
So, does Piper's version with the engine back there and the non-split tail make less sense?

-Rich

Back