Cirrus Flight Ops Manual

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Those of you who have studied this, what do you think?

Generally, I like it, because it expands on the checklists and provides reasoning behind them. OTOH, a lot of that is logical to anyone who's flown for maybe 100 hours or more. I wonder if the manual is more for CYA purposes? I can imagine those who buy a Cirrus right out of the box for their primary training might benefit most from it.

Still, it is nice to have it there for some of those elements peculiar to the Cirrus piston singles.

And a question: I have been able to get the PDF of the Perspective manual, but I'd like a paper copy. I can't find it on Amazon or Garmin. Anyone out there able to remedy my stupidity and tell me where I can get a hard copy?

And a question: I have been able to get the PDF of the Perspective manual, but I'd like a paper copy. I can't find it on Amazon or Garmin. Anyone out there able to remedy my stupidity and tell me where I can get a hard copy?

I got mine printed from BestValueCopy.com from a PDF, $15 bound and shipped.

I got mine printed from BestValueCopy.com from a PDF, $15 bound and shipped.

That's great! But does that actually mean that there is no hard copy available? The one I found had nice tabs and everything. . . .

But does that actually mean that there is no hard copy available?.
There is probably no market for it and I could understand why. In today's world of IPad who would want to carry 5 lbs worth of paper. On top of that I suspect it gets little practical use, for those craving for paper and efficient way of learning G1000 there is Trescott's book that delivers the same material using 20% of words, often less is actually more and this is a perfect example ;)

Last edited:
Those of you who have studied this, what do you think?

Generally, I like it, because it expands on the checklists and provides reasoning behind them. OTOH, a lot of that is logical to anyone who's flown for maybe 100 hours or more. I wonder if the manual is more for CYA purposes? I can imagine those who buy a Cirrus right out of the box for their primary training might benefit most from it.

Still, it is nice to have it there for some of those elements peculiar to the Cirrus piston singles.

The Manual is written for someone with zero hours.

Try www.cirrusconnection.com. That's the Cirrus online store. Call them if you don't see it. It may be costly.

This is silly. Will someone with an in at Cirrus please tell them that it would be in their best interest to make the manual a public free PDF. Really, let people have it to look at and digest. I have noticed that there are FBOs and flight schools that are willing to put you in shade with power and the quick start manual and give you some time to hash it out. This is excellent because it's a no cost, extremely high value item on the TAA check out.

This is silly. Will someone with an in at Cirrus please tell them that it would be in their best interest to make the manual a public free PDF. Really, let people have it to look at and digest. I have noticed that there are FBOs and flight schools that are willing to put you in shade with power and the quick start manual and give you some time to hash it out. This is excellent because it's a no cost, extremely high value item on the TAA check out.

They are publicly accessible on the Cirrus website. Here is the POH for the SR20 Perspective (s/n 2016 and later):

http://servicecenters.cirrusdesign.com/TechPubs/pdf/POH/SR20-004/pdf/13999-004InfoManual.pdf

He wanted a hard copy original.

Cirrus was the first company I know of to put the POH online.

Reference a hard copy, I would call Cirrus directly. We have a pilot shop that offers them to all of our students for $25 each. They used to be a lot nicer (in a small binder) but now they are just a small glue-bound PIM like the others.

Thanks everyone! I have the Trescott book, and I've gone through it several times. I am really looking for differences between the stock G1000 (with which I have about 60 hours experience) and the Perspective. I have the PDF.

I think a few more flights and approaches will do the trick!

I am really looking for differences between the stock G1000 (with which I have about 60 hours experience) and the Perspective.
Trescott's book 4-th edition does cover the differences.

Back