Cigars?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Hey guys. I would like to buy a box of very good quality cigars for someone special (who smokes expensive cigars) who did me a favor. What is a good brand to buy and where would I find them?

Thanks.

Diana said:
Hey guys. I would like to buy a box of very good quality cigars for someone special (who smokes expensive cigars) who did me a favor. What is a good brand to buy and where would I find them?

Thanks.
Davidoff, Ashton, Arturo Fuente Hemmingway (the other Fuente lines are merely good everyday cigars), the most sought after are Fuente Fuente Opus X which used to be over $20 each way back when cigars had their 15 minutes of trendiness. You wouldn't want to spring for a box but 2 or 3 would be a great gift.

I like Butera. The ones I buy and had at Gastons are Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story, which are little exquisite gems that can give 30 minutes of pleasure. I also can't take a full cigar anymore. I react badly to the nicotine.

Artoro Fuente: http://www.cigarfamily.com

Try calling the Two Guys Smoke Shop: http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com in tax free New Hampshire.

It's best to CALL the toll free number because they aren't going to list Fuente or limited quantities in the web store. There was a point during the madness when Fuente would cut off the supply of a retailer who sold outside of their region. I heard personally from Two Guys that they were nearly put out when they merely traded a box of Opus X with another store.

Last edited:
Mike's pretty much on target although I like the Ashtons I think the Davidoffs are so so. The fuente fuente opus x are the top o the top. If you have a local ceegar shop you can stop in they may also have a pretty good locally made ceegar that only they sell.

Thanks for all the information and links!

Did anyone happen to notice what John Clifford was walking around with at Gaston's?

Oh, one more question...how many cigars are in a box?

Diana said:
Thanks for all the information and links!

Did anyone happen to notice what John Clifford was walking around with at Gaston's?

Oh, one more question...how many cigars are in a box?
20 or 25 cigars to a box usually. If you figure $5 - $7 for an everyday cigar, boxes go for $110 - $175. Some cigars still go for as much $11-$15 each. I bought a box of 25 Short Stories downtown for $119 plus the way too much tax.

Here in Illinois they add a tobacco sin tax of 18% over the 12% sales tax. That's why it is good to buy them online.

Last edited:
mikea said:
20 or 25 cigars to a box usually. If you figure $5 - $7 for an everyday cigar, boxes go for $110 - $175. Some cigars still go for as much $11-$15 each. I bought a box of 25 Short Stories downtown for $119 plus the way too much tax.

Here in Illinois they add a tobacco sin tax of 18% over the 12% sales tax. That's why it is good to buy them online.

Thanks Mike

As a cigar afficianado / collector I have to second the Fuente brand! Any cigar lover would be glad to get these as gifts!
Even the "lower" end (Green bands to the cigar lovers) are a great everyday smoke/golf smoke.

Third on the Fuentes. I'm also big on the La Aurora Preferido "Sapphire", 24 to a box, $360 at Corona Cigar.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back