Christmass shopping today

NC19143 said:
My wife and I have a daughter with a new house and she and the hubby just got their lawn in.

So Barb and I got them with this for Christmas

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=187347-270-13AR11CP712&lpage=none
Kohler makes engines??? Elec PTO? What's this world coming to?

Maybe, you being a mechanic and all, you can 'hop' it up for them. You know, give it a little boost.

BTW: those things come in a package-----with a hammock.

Oh yeah, that was real nice of you, Tom.

Real nice gift, Tom. Right now in Maine it's snowing very lightly. Interesting note: when I brought up your LINK, part of the page showed the following:

"Product Availability:
This item is currently unavailable for purchase online through the BRUNSWICK, ME store. Please contact the store at (207) 373-7016 if you would like to place a special order, or change your store to check another Lowe's in your area."

That's pretty smooth marketing on the part of Lowe's.

HR

Lawreston said:
Real nice gift, Tom. Right now in Maine it's snowing very lightly. Interesting note: when I brought up your LINK, part of the page showed the following:

"Product Availability:
This item is currently unavailable for purchase online through the BRUNSWICK, ME store. Please contact the store at (207) 373-7016 if you would like to place a special order, or change your store to check another Lowe's in your area."

That's pretty smooth marketing on the part of Lowe's.

HR

In Maine the mowers would be a seasonal thing, but I'll bet the snow blowers will be in the stors now.

But, I just finished putting my lights up, and mowing the lawn for the holiday.

We've had snow already, but it went away over night. 39 degrees and clear, below 5000'

Richard said:

Do you always edit the quotes?

Last edited:
NC19143 said:
We have a daughter with a new house and they just got thier lawn in,

So Barb and I got them with this for Christmass

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=187347-270-13AR11CP712&lpage=none

26hp? Do they have 12 acres or something? Nice machine though.

Richard said:
Kohler makes engines???

Kohler has been making industrial engines for decades. It's just been the last decade or so that they've stepped into the consumer market.

Last edited:
NC19143 said:
Do you always edit the quotes?
No, I don't. Only for you, Tom, no charge. I realize I was going out on a limb doing it but it was just in fun. It wasn't meant as a poke.

Henning said:
26hp? Do they have 12 acres or something?

No but the Tiller, and other attachments take a bit of HP..

note the 50" mower deck?

Richard said:
No, I don't. Only for you, Tom, no charge. I realize I was going out on a limb doing it but it was just in fun. It wasn't meant as a poke.

You made the proper assumption :)

Last edited:
Nice machine. I don't see a cup holder on it though :D

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a machine like those Roomba vacuum machines except to cut grass?

NC19143 said:
We have a daughter with a new house and they just got thier lawn in,

So Barb and I got them with this for Christmass

Nice.

If she has a big enough yard, she can easily cut a runway for you with that too! :yes:

Back