Christmas At The Fort, Groesbeck TX

JedTx

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jed
Christmas At The Fort is coming around again in December!

We are looking for folks whom are willing to bring their flying machine in on the 13th and 14th for the school children to look at.

Then on the 15th we are looking for several flying machines to participate in a flour bombing contest.

In return you get lunch from us and hundreds of questions from children. What a deal!

http://www.fortparker.com/

Last edited:
This looks to be a grea family event.
I was trying to find the airport but don't seem to be able to pinpoint it. What is the name of the field or contact info.
What condition is the field?

Thanks

We are not on the sectional....Follow the link and all the airfield/contact info is there. .....It is a 2,000' grass strip with 50' trees right up against the North end, so is not for everyone. Strip is good and on the website you will find links to the photos of all the different airplane types that have visited.

Be sure and email flying@fortparker.com to get on our mailing list!

Last edited:
Jed, that looks really neat! :) I wish I lived closer so that I could attend all your events. I'm really sorry I couldn't make the last one...darned weather.

We are not on the sectional....Follow the link and all the airfield/contact info is there. .....It is a 2,000' grass strip with 50' trees right up against the North end, so is not for everyone. Strip is smooth and on the website you will find links to the photos of all the different airplane types that have visited.

Be sure and email flying@fortparker.com to get on our mailing list!

Thanks Jed:

I was triangulating it with a street map last night.

I did sign up for the email. I was wondering if there was a schedule of events that weekend. I dont know if we can make all days, but would try to be there to give kids rides and do the FLOUR BOMB.

I saw that on a show called Barnstormers a couple years ago and have been enthusiastically waiting to get the chance to do it.

Thanks, We are not giving children rides on the 13th or 14th. There will be about 1,000 of them each day, so it is just for them to look at an airplane during their tour. The 15th (saturday) is just a whomever shows up is welcome, but nothing formal other than the flour bombing. Which I am still putting together.

Here is the link to the Old Fort http://www.oldfortparker.org/Other_Events.html

Last edited:
Jed, that looks really neat! :) I wish I lived closer so that I could attend all your events. I'm really sorry I couldn't make the last one...darned weather.

That was a nasty weather Saturday, you are welcome anytime!

Back