Chirstmas (Holiday) gifts for FBO staff--URGENT!

BobS

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
BobS
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial] Help! I have put off doing anything for the guys at the airport and I need some advice and a sense of what's customary. My gift list is only five people. What do you do for the airport staff that is out there clearing off my plane in the cold, plugging me in, and generally making my life easier all year?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

BobS said:
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial] Help! I have put off doing anything for the guys at the airport and I need some advice and a sense of what's customary. My gift list is only five people. What do you do for the airport staff that is out there clearing off my plane in the cold, plugging me in, and generally making my life easier all year?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

What do I do for the guys cleaning your plane? Nothing...its your plane :D

Nothing says love like cash IMHO. Its not too personal, but everyone could use cash.

Or gift certificates for food. I have yet to see an airport staff that doesn't appreciate a gift certificate to the local good restaurant. CFIs usually feel that way too!

Jim G

I've had good luck buying lunch, usually having pizza delivered. Not too expensive and everyone seems to appreciate it.

Joe

When I worked on the line, the nicest thing was the guy that stopped by on Christmas day and brought lunch. Spiral cut ham and veggie tray. I found out the next day that he delivered the same meal to the evening crew. Guy owned a cherokee 235. Super nice guy.

BobS said:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Since the people that do this stuff me are all guys I went the easy route and gave them gift certificates to Best Buy

smigaldi said:
Since the people that do this stuff me are all guys I went the easy route and gave them gift certificates to Best Buy
*sniff*
That brought a tear to my eye!

You are a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL man!

BobS said:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I give the full time guys a Christmas card with a 20 in it. One pilot here gives them a case of beer.

I gave the airport manager (who is the CFI who taught me to fly helicopters) and a card with an offer to take an hour joy ride in our R22 charged to my account.

Over the course of my 3-year, on-again off-again training, I tried to give the then-current CFI a Christmas gift of cash or a cash equivalent (gift certificate, paid time on the books of the FBO) equal to one hour of the total rental fee I was then paying -- wet Hobbs plus their normal CFI rate. I figured their 'value' was at least equivalent to one extra hour a year. The really good one got a gift equivalent to an average lesson length. The younger CFIs working on ratings of their own, like multi or commercial, were always most appreciative of any time they didn't have to buy themselves. The older one just liked the cash. I know this is a post-Christmas post, but might be useful as an idea for future "occasions."
Elizabeth
PS Line guys who really helped during the year got a 20. FBO office staff who might have gone out of their way also got a 20.

EHITCH said:
Over the course of my 3-year, on-again off-again training, I tried to give the then-current CFI a Christmas gift of cash or a cash equivalent (gift certificate, paid time on the books of the FBO) equal to one hour of the total rental fee I was then paying -- wet Hobbs plus their normal CFI rate. I figured their 'value' was at least equivalent to one extra hour a year. The really good one got a gift equivalent to an average lesson length. The younger CFIs working on ratings of their own, like multi or commercial, were always most appreciative of any time they didn't have to buy themselves. The older one just liked the cash. I know this is a post-Christmas post, but might be useful as an idea for future "occasions."
Elizabeth
PS Line guys who really helped during the year got a 20. FBO office staff who might have gone out of their way also got a 20.
You had CFIs working on their Comm?

Back