Chinese hackers compromise US defense secrets

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
They were able to get their cybernetic hands on such weapons systems as the F/A-18 Hornet, the V-22 Osprey, the Black Hawk helicopter and Joint Strike Fighter, according to a report from the Washington Post.

Let them have the F-35.....no better way to ruin their economy than to fund that turkey. This whole debacle can be laid at the feet of the Congressional do-nothings, ( on both sides of the aisle), who have routinely axed funds for cyber security.

Why do they need to hack US sites? They make all the internal parts for those planes.

Simply because they have inside information on these aircraft doesn't mean they have the capacity to produce such aircraft. By the time they do, we'll have already moved onto something better.

Any chance they could be getting information from all the cell phones that they make now? Or should I just take off the tin foil?

Last edited:
They were able to get their cybernetic hands on such weapons systems as the F/A-18 Hornet, the V-22 Osprey, the Black Hawk helicopter and Joint Strike Fighter, according to a report from the Washington Post.

Outdated fighter, tilt-rotor that only sometimes crashes, semi-outdated helicopter, and a real pig of an airplane.

You figure they could've chosen better.

Any chance they could be getting information from all the cell phones that they make now? Or should I just take off the tin foil?

Tinfoil is useless in the digital age. Your impure thoughts are recorded as you speak on Samsung's data center.

Outdated fighter, tilt-rotor that only sometimes crashes, semi-outdated helicopter, and a real pig of an airplane.

You figure they could've chosen better.

Whoa there. I'll have you know that we are world famous and legendary :wink2:

Simply because they have inside information on these aircraft doesn't mean they have the capacity to produce such aircraft. By the time they do, we'll have already moved onto something better.
Maybe, maybe not. What disturbs me more than the Chinese desire for our technology is our unfortunate persistence in underestimating them. They're not stupid, they're just playing catch-up... and they're catching up.

In other words, just because it took them a hundred years to get where they are doesn't mean it will take another hundred to get where we are.

Ask yourself a few questions:
why is the press privy to this information?
Is the information accurate?
Why are they telling me?
Why are they telling me now?
Who is the intended audience?
What action are they seeking from the audience?

Nah....this ain't propaganda.....

Whoa there. I'll have you know that we are world famous and legendary :wink2:

Hey, it's still an awesome machine and the F404 is an awesome engine, especially with two of them. :)

Point was it's been around for a long time now, and isn't the cutting edge technology it once was.

By the way, if you're ever able to give a ride to your friends... :D

Ask yourself a few questions:
why is the press privy to this information?
Is the information accurate?
Why are they telling me?
Why are they telling me now?
Who is the intended audience?
What action are they seeking from the audience?

Nah....this ain't propaganda.....

I'm sure this type of thing breaks both ways. I'm sure the NSA or whoever is digging around in every foreign DOD type computer they can find, and I bet they do a better job than most of the competition.

Besides, what idiot(s) put the really important information on a web-linked server? I'm sure there is low level stuff out there where you could pirate it, but I hope the really important stuff is behind so many layers of security even the appropriate users have a hard time accessing it...

Besides, what idiot(s) put the really important information on a web-linked server?
You'd be suprised. Very common nowadays due to common DoD servers run by civilian contractors.

You'd also be suprised at how much R&D stuff is out there on unclass servers.

Back