Chinese Cheating?

K

KennyFlys

I'm still not convinced Cheng Fei is nineteen. Not a chance!

This story about another Chinese gymnast doesn't help convince me.

State-media story fuels questions on gymnast's age

BEIJING - Just nine months before the Beijing Olympics, the Chinese government's news agency, Xinhua, reported that gymnast He Kexin was 13, which would have made her ineligible to be on the team that won a gold medal this week.

In its report Nov. 3, Xinhua identified He as one of "10 big new stars" who made a splash at China's Cities Games. It gave her age as 13 and reported that she beat Yang Yilin on the uneven bars at those games. In the final, "this little girl" pulled off a difficult release move on the bars known as the Li Na, named for another Chinese gymnast, Xinhua said in the report, which appeared on one of its Web sites, http://www.hb.xinhuanet.com

The Associated Press found the Xinhua report on the site Thursday morning and saved a copy of the page. Later that afternoon, the Web site was still working but the page was no longer accessible. Sports editors at the state-run news agency would not comment for publication.
All of these girls were supposed to be born by a certain date in 1992. Are you convinced?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0808/oly.china.gymnastics1/content.9.html

Last edited by a moderator:
no, they look like they still have baby teeth

Yes of course they are all over 16. They only look young because of the government mandated growth stunting hormone treatments they've undergone for 10 years.

Are you questioning the integrity of the Chinese government? Shame on you.

In related news the Chinese government announced that He Kexin tragically burned to the ground...

Tsk. What are you going to believe, the official story or your own two eyes?

Or turned away because you can't invest in it anymore, for all the Olympic faking that's been done over the years.

To those of you who love it, please enjoy. Yet excuse those of us who skip the commercial for American corporate and multinational investment in China. I have nothing against China, or cheerleading for China, but this is about money and power, not sport.

It's just another TV show to me now, like "American Gladiators," but the old one, the one without Hulk Hogan.

I know it's not patriotic to avoid the Olympics and you're liable to have your American Express card canceled if you do. And I'm going to miss all the drama.

Like three years from now, when that cute little Chinese girl who Milli Vanillied her Olympic song in the opening ceremonies will stand up and announce she's really a 35-year-old man named Wing Fat, kept artificially tiny just in case they needed another gymnastic sprite.
Years ago, there was that famous Eastern European female sprinter Olga-what's-her-name. She was a wonderful athlete, powerful, with a great stride. She destroyed all challengers with her speed.

But her beard was so full she could have had her own Old Spice commercial.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-olympics_bdaug17,0,2359785.column
:p

And let's not forget Mao was a visionary fighter for the people, if you forget that he had 80 million of the people killed.

Back