Chili Lunch

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
The Iowa Aviation museum in Greenfield had its annual Chili Lunch today. I emailed the ISU flying club and found a bit of intrest. So I got a 172 from work and gathered up Leah and another guy in the club, Jacob, and we flew on down. Really good headwind on the way down, took a good 45 minutes to make the 55 nm flight. Jacob flew on the way down. He got his PP last summer in a Warrior and didnt have much 172 time, but did a good job. We enjoyed looking at old airplanes and visiting with lots of central iowa aviaiton folks. Doug Rozendaal also made an appearance in a T-6. Always good to see him. The T-6 owner from my home base (and my current CFI student) also flew down, after he plowed the snow out in front of his hangar. Parking was full and there were several planes parked in the grass, was a perfect day for a flyin.

Leah and a Stearman:
attachment.php

Jacob and I:

attachment.php

Attachments

• leah.JPG
    leah.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 50
  • tonyjacob.JPG
    tonyjacob.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 48
Looks like a good time. Greenfield always seems to be able to attract a good crowd. I had the option of going to Greenfield, flying to Minneapolis to pick up some radios, or driving to Burlington for a wedding reception. We went to Burlington. Was definitely a beautiful day in Iowa, though.

Looks like a good time. Greenfield always seems to be able to attract a good crowd. I had the option of going to Greenfield, flying to Minneapolis to pick up some radios, or driving to Burlington for a wedding reception. We went to Burlington. Was definitely a beautiful day in Iowa, though.

too bad. I talked to your dad this afternoon. I swear every time I was flying this weekend I heard 277DL on freq. at Muscatine.

Back