Chicago Pizza named best, NY Pizza slammed...

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Scott M, did you write this?

http://deadspin.com/the-great-american-menu-foods-of-the-states-ranked-an-1349137024

About Chicago Pizza:

The Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, America's greatest regional foodstuff—all those toppings, good God so much cheese and meat, I can hear my heartbeat,

This is the best thing any food can do, and certainly far beyond the capabilities of [stares daggers at New York] a sheet of soggy cardboard with a flap of waxy melted cheese stretched across it.

About New York Pizza:
Here is a comically large, thin wedge of dough with some indifferent, rubbery cheese smeared across it, and maybe a few greasy F-grade variants of the same ******** toppings you can get on your lousy DiGiorno back in friggin' Topeka.

:stirpot:

Meh.

I'll take Pizza Foundation in Marfa for the win.

I disagree!

Grimaldi's in NYC is the best pizza I have had in the US. Believe it or not a very close second is in Bluffton, South Carolina (Italian restaurant owners).

Best overall was a pizza place in Rome - Pizza Re. Naples pizza did not do it for me.

I will soon be able to compare my old Roman pizza experiences, though...

Deep dish pizza... the perfect food if you plan to sumo wrestle a polar bear this winter.

Once again, they all pale compared to the pizza served from the kitchens of Steinholme.

That's a great article, and I agree with number 1.

However, this one made me cry it was so funny. Especially since I was a polish Catholic kid from Chicago who happened to play DIII football at a Swedish Lutheran College, and worked in the food service, and looked in disgust at what they served on "Swedish" night in the cafeteria:

Lutefisk (Norwegian for "lye-fish") is a traditional Nordic preparation whereby dried whitefish is soaked in ****ing oven cleaner for no ******n reason for a long time until it is no longer dry, salty, and disgusting, but gelatinous and pungent and five trillion times as disgusting. There is no reason to eat it ever. There is no reason for it to exist. What the **** is wrong with Nordic people.

Once again, they all pale compared to the pizza served from the kitchens of Steinholme.

I can guess what your pizza might look like. :D

Two years ago at my superbowl party, a girl brought a vegetarian 'pizza' that was really funky. Broccoli and a bunch of other veggies, pretty much raw with some weird sauce. She passed it around, and it was nibbled on, no one really liked it. Well, she walked out of the room for a moment and a plan was hatched to dispose of the pizza. Several people gathered around my 2 year old Labrador who eats EVERYTHING.

My dog took the first peice eagerly in his mouth, made one or two chomps on it, then set it down on the floor and made a face. By the time she walked back in, the whole room was in stitches laughing. :rofl:

Let's see:

1. Oil debate
2. High wing vs. low wing debate
3. Over square debate
4. "With you" debate
5. Ketchup on hotdog debate
6. Chicago vs. NY pizza debate

Let's see:

1. Oil debate
3. Over square debate
4. "With you" debate

How about we add a "Natural or Enhanced" debate? That could be interesting.

Let's see:

1. Oil debate
3. Over square debate
4. "With you" debate

You got number 6 ass backwards:

6. NY pizza vs. Chicago

Best I have ever eaten: Rays in NY (coal baked) or Lombardis (wood) or Genaros on Holland Blvd & Nudorp lane, Staten Island.

Ketchup on hot dogs.

If you're gonna brag, let's see the pics.

Pics Hell. I want a taste test.:yes:

Back in the eighties I got one in Texas that was so bad the box may have tasted better. :vomit:

Had one at Old Chicago in Ames Iowa last summer that was absolutely delicious.

2.jpg

In my part of Florida, the best pizza I've ever had is from Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. I believe its New York style. I have no idea how it compares to pizza from one of the places in New York.

And Migaldi chimes in in 4.......3.......2.......1
It is hard to add anything to what is probably the most poetic, accurate, articulate and factually based Chicago vs. NY cheesebread analysis that has ever been written. The extremely knowledgable people at foodspin obviously are experts in what makes for a great pizza. They did their homework people! No one could possibly ever present a counter opinion that could refute their obvious definitive and correct conclusions. The great pizza debate is over, NY loses! CHICAGO FOR THE WIN!!! GAME, SET, MATCH. THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG!

What about Montana Pizza?

Roadkill permits? There will be an app for that
http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/mt_state_ap/article_13bbe414-b8aa-59e3-96ae-2dff48f8ae99.html

Salvaging roadkill for the dinner table is not only legal starting this month in Montana, but state officials plan to let drivers who accidentally kill big game to simply print out permits at home that allow them to harvest the meat.

Later on, there will be an app for that.
It’s hard times when road pizza it taxed.

I'm a pizza fanatic, and my fav is Chicago style, but THIN. Stuffed is good, too, but I prefer the thin.

Best pizza I ever had was on a business trip to Chicago. Friends of mine told me to try three places: Giordano's, Gino's East, and the ORIGINAL Uno's (not the rest of them). I only had time to try Giordano's, but OMG was it good.

When I moved back to California, I was desperate to find a good pizza place, and I found it! Zachary's Chicago style pizza. They have one in Berkeley, Oakland, and San Ramon. http://www.zacharys.com

I've referred so many people to Zachary's they should give me food for free, LOL. I live in San Jose, which makes San Ramon a 45-60 min drive, and I still go up there almost every Sunday for a pie. I'm that addicted.

When I made my first business trip to New York, I was disappointed. I tried several varieties of "Ray's". It seemed like there was Ray's, Famous Ray's, Famous Original Ray's, Yet Another Ray's, ad nauseum. But I just couldn't get into it. Greasy too-thin slice served on a paper plate and you eat it standing up, or walking around? Nope...not for me. It tasted like something I'd get at a state fair.

I need to go back and have a real coal-fired pie in New York. I bet that would be good eating.

But I think my heart will always belong to Chicago pizza.

And for you real pizza fanatics like me...check out the pizza making site and forums:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

These are folks who are SERIOUS about pizza, and even have very detailed recipes and pics for trying to replicate their favorite pizza place's pies. I tried to make my own a couple times, and it was mediocre, but some of these people are masters.

Now I'm getting hungry... :)

Back