Chicago Fire (TV show) - PA28 crash

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Just saw this on the preview for the episode starting right now - "Under the Knife".

Just in case you want to watch and see how bad it is... Sigh. :frown2:

Just saw this on the preview for the episode starting right now - "Under the Knife".

Just in case you want to watch and see how bad it is... Sigh. :frown2:

I think this is the "crash" that a Chicago news station tried to report as actual because they had to be the first with the story, instead of the first with the correct story.

I think this is the "crash" that a Chicago news station tried to report as actual because they had to be the first with the story, instead of the first with the correct story.

Ah... Could be. That would have been hilarious, if there weren't people out there who saw it and then tuned out before the station admitted their error. :frown2:

Well, so far we have a PA28 in the road, one wing embedded in the front of an SUV, and what appears to be a body thrown from the airplane through an apartment window.

Oh, and an 85-year-old pilot who says "Tower fed me the wrong coordinates! Not my fault I landed short of the runway!" To which a fireman replies, "You're five miles from the nearest airport."

Sigh.

It really wasn't much. And overall, I didn't see a need for it. Why did the pilot have any dialog? There won't be any followup to his comment and it will leave most people with the wrong impression.
Do you think it was an attempt to push Daly's agenda? They would have been better showing the video of the airliner overshooting the runway in Russia. But then, Daly never went after his cash cows.

I too was confused why this segment was filmed and aired. There was nothing to add to the different plot lines. I agree with John about giving the pilot any dialog at all.

IMO, this scene added nothing to the show.

And while I'm enjoying the show, the producers appear to be handling too many plot lines all at once during any single episode.

Last night we had:
1) Kelly dealing with his Mom and her impending parole hearing
2) Gabrielle and Peter Mills getting intimate.
3) Gabrielle and the young girl found in the smugglers truck
4) Severide and his surgery and admitting the injury to the chief
5) Cruz dealing with allowing Flacco to die
6) Herman and the limo.

If the better drama shows I remember never juggled that many at once.

Last edited:
That show is so far off from reality that I stopped watching it after the third episode.

Back