Chicago Area Partnership (3CK)

nyoung

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Nathan young
Hello. I am a 1000 hr instrument rated PP-ASEL looking to start a partnership at 3CK. I own and have been flying a Cherokee 180 for the last 8 years. My family is growing, so I want to establish a partnership in a well equipped 6 seat single... preferably a Cherokee Six or Lance.

Reply to this thread, or I can be contacted at nathan@needlescentered.com if you are interested.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:
Have you met Scott Migaldi? He is one of the top posters here and lives where you do. He may have some ideas.

I have seen your plane around. I am based at 10C and live on the other side of town from you. There are a few guys on the board from around our area. Two weeks ago I would have been interested but I am spending my money on another top overhaul SIGH!

Have you posted over at the Blue Skies, NIFC, Galt, and DPA FBOs?

I do know one guy interested in a partnership but he is looking at 172 and the like right now. I do not think he is interested in buying your plane outright.

You're a little far to the North for me. Heck, when I talked to Barry, he was a little far to the north for me, and he's based at KDPA! That said, you should talk to Barry; maybe he wants to try something new. I've been in discussions about a 210 to be based at 1C5, but with the economy right now, we're backing off those plans. Unless, of course, the right opportunity comes along! :yes:

Thanks guys. I figure the next 6 months will be a great time to buy, so that's why I want to get the partnership rolling.

Scott, tough break on the TOH. How is Galt these days? I based there for a while after 9/11 (when you had to file IFR and wait 2 hrs for a clearance to leave 3CK).

Hey - where do you get the map showing where you have flown? That's a neat 'signature'.

Thanks guys. I figure the next 6 months will be a great time to buy, so that's why I want to get the partnership rolling.

Scott, tough break on the TOH. How is Galt these days? I based there for a while after 9/11 (when you had to file IFR and wait 2 hrs for a clearance to leave 3CK).

Hey - where do you get the map showing where you have flown? That's a neat 'signature'.

Galt is doing fin. The new runway, taxiways and hangars are sweat. I am still in the old hangars but mine was renovated so it is a single pod. The maintenance section is really nice, quit an improvement over the old shop. Mike is doing some nice things to keep the place friendly and running. I wish I lived closer but the price is way cheaper than 3CK so I stay up there.

Speaking of which I'm still looking for a partner in my 235.

I wouldda mentioned it but I'm 2 seats, but not useful load, short of your requirements.

Speaking of which I'm still looking for a partner in my 235.

I wouldda mentioned it but I'm 2 seats, but not useful load, short of your requirements.

I can confirm the useful load after seeing what he packed into the bird for Gaston's. :yikes:

Mike, if you were only closer to us, but you know what the drive is from your place to ours. The 235 would be pretty good for our missions.

BTW, the 100LL price at Clow just dropped to $4.10!

I've been in discussions about a 210 to be based at 1C5, but with the economy right now, we're backing off those plans. Unless, of course, the right opportunity comes along! :yes:

Unless you're selling stocks to buy the plane, now is the time to buy! Lots of good deals to be had. Twinkies are running about 5/8 of their normal prices.

I bet Mooneys are still expensive though.

Unless you're selling stocks to buy the plane, now is the time to buy! Lots of good deals to be had. Twinkies are running about 5/8 of their normal prices.

I bet Mooneys are still expensive though.
Not selling stocks, but we'd be going further into debt. And, to our shame, we have credit card debt as it is (albeit at less than a 6% interest rate).

Back