Chicago Area FAA User Symposium 2/27/2008

Can you expand on this? Where do you fly out of? I know the KELSI/SHOOF trick, but I'm guessing you're flying out of Chi-App airspace and going elsewhere?

I am based at KUGN - Waukegan. Right at the state line.

At the seminar - about a year or so ago in Northbrook - Chicago approach was represented and someone asked about what we file versus what we get.

You can file what you want, but if you're going west your first fix from UGN is SIMMN. North it's probably BAE, south/east probably Peotone unless you want to go over the lake.

Why?

They said it was so they knew who to pass you to next.

Seems logical, but hey - what do I know?

Got this today

At the bottom of the linked website is this statement:
If you attended the symposium, or if you are a user of air traffic control services from Chicago Center, Chicago TRACON or O'Hare Tower, please take a moment to complete our Chicago Area Customer Service Survey. [link above]
It's been that way for at least five years. See, they don't serve GA. Just the Airlines. Doesn't that rub you incorrectly? Not even in the least? After all your fuel tax dollars are in there, too.....

It's been that way for at least five years. See, they don't serve GA. Just the Airlines. Doesn't that rub you incorrectly? Not even in the least? After all your fuel tax dollars are in there, too.....
Oh, it rubs me the wrong way all right. In the entire "customer symposium" there were fewer than a half dozen GA people, and most of us got in only because we found out about the symposium at a tour of Center for Angel Flight volunteers. Another is active at Chicago Executive, and I believe there was someone from CABAA.

Back