Cherokee vs. SUV (head on collision)

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25624854-401,00.html
FIVE PEOPLE are lucky to be alive after a freak head-on crash involving a plane and a four-wheel-drive ute.

I ASSUME that it was an attempt to land on the road after some sort of trouble. From the pictures, it doesn't look like some place I would want to attempt to land.

Cherokee burned to nothing from engine to the baggage compartment

No comment on the reporting...

Well I see that their reporters are not any smarter than ours, a TWO seat Piper Cherokee?????

That's crazy. I wonder why the Escape driver didn't stop or get out of the way.

Well I see that their reporters are not any smarter than ours, a TWO seat Piper Cherokee?????
Two seat Piper Cherokee do exists (early PA-28-140s)

That's crazy. I wonder why the Escape driver didn't stop or get out of the way.

probably because the road is 15 feet wide cut into a steep hill and he had just come around a blind curve.

probably because the road is 15 feet wide cut into a steep hill and he had just come around a blind curve.
but....
"We saw the plane coming down, I honestly didn’t think it would crash and it would pull up," she said.
"When it hit the ground, I just closed my eyes and kept my foot on the brakes and braced myself. We pretty much saw it coming."

Oh, yea. And these are good pictures for anyone who wants to claim that G.A. aircraft would be good tools for terrorists.

Guess which has more destructive potential:
a) Cherokee which was totally destroyed.
b) SUV which probably could still be driven (Ok - it may overheat if the radiator was damaged)

Back