Cherokee 6 cabin size question

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by lukezimmerman, Jun 17, 2021.

1. lukezimmerman

lukezimmerman Filing Flight Plan

Display name:
    57NC
    Does anyone know what's different about the "cabin size" of the original Cherokee 6 vs the 1969 and beyond variants?

According to Wikipedia (never wrong?), starting in 1969 the plane had "increased cabin space" ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-32_Cherokee_Six

I can't find more info on that.

2. NealRomeoGolf

NealRomeoGolf En-Route

Display name:
    NRG
  3. Pilawt

Pilawt Final Approach

Display name:
    Pilawt
    No change in interior hull dimensions. For the 1969 Cherokee Six B the seats, with slightly narrower cushions, were moved inboard one inch for better elbow room.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 7.03.33 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 7.02.52 AM.jpg

AKBill likes this.
  4. Scott Mitchell

Scott Mitchell Pre-Flight

Display name:
    Scott Mitchell
    I can’t source it, but just took my first ride in a Cherokee 6. The pilot I flew with said they offered club seating and more versatile seating after ‘69. I don’t believe the interior dimensions changed, but the net effect is more room

5. Checkout_my_Six

Checkout_my_Six Touchdown! Greaser!

Display name:
    Check_my_Six
    Meh...you won't notice a marketing difference. And club seating is not what you think....especially with kids kicking each other in a leg tangled mess.

6. Scott Mitchell

Display name:
    Scott Mitchell
    I haven’t experienced it, but like the idea of it- we’re a tall Viking family. My sister is 6’ married to a 6’4” bloke and I’m 6’7” with a 5’9” Gf. An ex basketball player and have more than a few friends well over 6’. I’m not buying a Cherokee 6 as a 6 seater. I like that payload and those big doors for the dogs or my much taller than average pax. I like the idea of pax being able to spread out in the back row, but able to hop to the middle seats to chat and see the flight deck closer. But maybe it’s not what I think it’ll be.

7. Jim K

Jim K Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    Jim
    There's not that much room between the rear seats and the rear spar carry through. A LOT more than the back seat of any 4 seater, but not enough for long term comfort of anyone over about 5'8". My 5'10" wife complains after an hour or so in the back seats. With club seating they can put their feet on the middle seats, but they are quite a bit higher. The best solution for you will be to remove the middle seats, be they forward facing or club.

The club seats also prevent the front seats from going back as far as the standard seats allow, which you'll need at 6'7". I'm 6'4" and i sit 1 notch from the back. I think if you remove the seat behind the pilot you can get the same legroom.

Scott Mitchell likes this.
  8. Rgbeard

Rgbeard Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    rgbeard
    Only because no one has dropped this here yet……
    D878878A-97E8-47CF-A5E3-021E18B497B0.jpeg

Robert Gee, deeruck and Pilawt like this.
  9. Pilawt

Pilawt Final Approach

Display name:
    Pilawt
    Club seating was not a factory option in the fixed-gear Six until 1977 or ‘78 (sources vary on the exact date).

Scott Mitchell likes this.
  10. Scott Mitchell

Display name:
    Scott Mitchell
    That’s a great post- thank you