Cherokee 180 For Sale

One Short

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Barb
My friend is interested in selling his 1964 Cherokee 180. He is asking $30,000.

Stats on it are:

2620 TTSN
1300 since Major
Exterior 5 (it looks good from a distance but could really use a paint job-the paint is flaking off in places but there is no obvious corrosion that I can see)
Interior 8 (the inside is clean and in nice shape but dated)
Last annual June 2008

Avionics:
Narco MK 12D
Bendix King KLX 135 Nav/Com
Audio Bendix King KMA 20
Transponder Narco AT 150
ADF Sigma 1500
VOR with GS and Marker Beacon
Lowrance 100 and 500 airmaps
4 place intercom

Owner: Ken Thurlow
Cell: (989) 429-2106
Home: (989) 426-7129

Ken flies the plane regularly and it is hangared. He has owned it for about the last 10 years. He doesn't have to sell it but he is becoming more interested in motorcycles and figures he can only afford so many toys.

The plane handles well at high and low altitudes, likes landing on pavement and grass, and doen't mind slipping with flaps. And the heater works well, alot better than my Tripacer's. :D

Barb

Attachments

• Kens plane 024.jpg
    Kens plane 024.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Kens Plane 026.jpg
    Kens Plane 026.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Kens Plane 0301.jpg
    Kens Plane 0301.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Kens Plane 0351.jpg
    Kens Plane 0351.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 48
Man alive, that 180 Barb's friend has looks like a nice rig for the coin, especially if there is some "wiggle room" in the price. And, you should not get lost in it- three GPSs!

---

I wish this conversation had taken place a month and a half ago- there was an incredibly pristine Grumman AA1C with the 160Hp upgrade and aux fuel and gross weight upgrade. I know it well, because it used to belong to a friend of mine, and I used to fly it.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/128287.html

You would not believe how nice this one is...

My friend is interested in selling his 1964 Cherokee 180. He is asking $30,000.

Stats on it are:

2620 TTSN
1300 since Major
Exterior 5 (it looks good from a distance but could really use a paint job-the paint is flaking off in places but there is no obvious corrosion that I can see)
Interior 8 (the inside is clean and in nice shape but dated)
Last annual June 2008

Avionics:
Narco MK 12D
Bendix King KLX 135 Nav/Com
Audio Bendix King KMA 20
Transponder Narco AT 150
ADF Sigma 1500
VOR with GS and Marker Beacon
Lowrance 100 and 500 airmaps
4 place intercom

Owner: Ken Thurlow
Cell: (989) 429-2106
Home: (989) 426-7129

Ken flies the plane regularly and it is hangared. He has owned it for about the last 10 years. He doesn't have to sell it but he is becoming more interested in motorcycles and figures he can only afford so many toys.

The plane handles well at high and low altitudes, likes landing on pavement and grass, and doen't mind slipping with flaps. And the heater works well, alot better than my Tripacer's. :D

Barb

I can't tell, does it have toebrakes on either side?

Wow, this might make a decent Raffle Plane 3.0... I'll have to forward this on to the powers-that-be.

I can't tell, does it have toebrakes on either side?

It has only the hand brake in the middle bottom edge of the panel. That is all I've got in the Tripacer and I have never had any problems with braking. If anything, I don't have to worry so much about braking on slippery surfaces because the input to the brakes is equal. It has a parking brake so you don't have to hold the handle during runups and such.

Barb

Once you fly something with a hand brake or heel brake, you wont want to fly anything with toe brakes. I learned on toe brakes probably just like most others here, I now dislike them. The other thing I have learned to love is manual flaps, those are GREAT!!!!!

Even though I had toe brakes on my 180, near the end of me having it, I was pretty much just hand braking.

Because it provided more equal braking than I could with my feet. Plus I got in the habit of pulling my feel just off the pedals when i would touch down lest the nosewheel jerk one way or another on a crosswind landing. Flap handle forward, brake handle backwards.

Back