Checkride Webinar

I bought an audiobook, and honestly, it was a waste of money. Just same material from written. Learned nothing new.

I only watched the video for about a minute, but my take is that it's simply another re hash of the PTS.

I would encourage anyone to take the time and money they would have put into something like this and simply study the PTS and spend time working on your maneuvers or whatever is the weakest part of your flying. If you have trouble with any particular part of your flying that your instructor can't get you past, fly an hour with a different instructor, making it clear before hand exactly what your weaknesses are that need improvement.

THEN.... PREPARE! Make sure you have all your paperwork together, your logbook flagged to make it easy to show time requirements, your XC log well prepared and you are familiar with it, etc.

If you spend time in preparation and working on your flying precision, you will be ready.

My $0.02,

A more popular (and free) video for this subject can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr483zBbQKw

(DOC! Good to see you're still kicking!)

That video still giving me nightmares. My oral was not even close to that. 30 minutes and I was done. But DPE was weird. He asked for aircraft documents and examined them HIMSELF without even asking me anything. Few questions about electrical system, my cross country, airport markings and military training route on the sectional. After that, we were off to windy Pennsylvania skies.

Roddie's information on what he did to prepare for his recent Oral and Practical exam might be of help. http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54691

I endorse this message, though the author is suspect ;-)

I did do the webinar that you're asking about, and he basically goes through 15 questions that you're "guaranteed" to face on the oral in what is supposed to be a "live" webinar session.

Here's my feedback on it (YMMV):

- He presents each question, waits for everyone to "submit" their answers (see below), and then gives the answer with a short explanation.

- I think I hit maybe five or six of the questions on my actual checkride, which were already covered in the Youtube video above along with the ASA book.

- The session itself felt previously recorded and not live. I don't have any proof of this, but my real life work involves attending WebEx presentations daily, and this one just felt canned. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, the material is what it is and was covered.

- At the start of the session you're promised some bonuses for sticking through to the end, including an "advanced" copy of his book (+ audio), and MP3 recording of an actual oral exam, a transcription of the flight portion of a checkride, and "The Checkride Blueprint", claimed as $550+ worth of material.

- At the end of the session, you find out that these bonuses come only after joining his Online Ground School for $27/month.

- All that said, it's $5 (it was $10 when I did it) for an hour or so of relevant aviation talk, so I wouldn't call it a waste. You're emailed a link to the "recording" for later viewing, so again, not a bad thing.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input on the webinar! I assumed the webinar was a sales pitch as well since his website videos all have a pitch included. Not that I have a problem with that as the guy needs to make a buck too.

Jim

Back