Checklist template

S

SJP

Having been encouraged to share, I wasn't sure where to post this.

My buddy and I have been reworking the checklists for the M20C, as the existing ones were...well...awful ! The link is to the Excel template I put together for the Mooney, designed to print such that it can be folded and laminated easily.

Someone out there may find them useful :)

Of course, you should verify they are applicable to your own operations etc, I accept no liability should your cat get pregnant, car catch fire, hair fall out, or any other issue you may encounter directly, indirectly or in spite of using this template for any purpose, including (but not limited to) firelighters. :D

oh - http://www.sjpdesigns.com/flying/m20c_checklist.xls :p

Nice job. Did you mix miles and knots on purpose? And is your power boost still in use?

ejensen said:
Nice job. Did you mix miles and knots on purpose? And is your power boost still in use?

Doh - I fixed the Knots - I'm used to flying in Knots, the Mooney we fly has MPH. I often write KIAS without even thinking about it.

Power Boost ?

Steve,

Looks good.

I like the clear gear handle area.

Do you have a manually retractable step? If so, you might want to include that on a checklist.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Steve,

Looks good.

I like the clear gear handle area.

Do you have a manually retractable step? If so, you might want to include that on a checklist.

Len

Nope, the step is automatic - I think it operates with the Gear.

The Gear handle area came to light with our previous intercom. It shifted and ended up in the handle area - not a big deal until climbout, and you cant get the handle to lock because the intercom box is jammed under it :eek:

SJP said:

The Gear handle area came to light with our previous intercom. It shifted and ended up in the handle area - not a big deal until climbout, and you cant get the handle to lock because the intercom box is jammed under it :eek:

I hope I am not the only one who has done this, I have crossed seat belts with the passenger before and after liftoff trying to get the gear locked proved to be kinda comical.

SJP said:

The automatic system that I know of for retracting the step does so via vacum. Not to say that there couldn't be one that works in conjunction with the gear. There appears to be a lot of differences between model years. Stuff that they did for 50 or 100 aircraft and then discontinued. For example, my 1963 C model has 4 fuel drain points and no D-ring near the fuel selector. About 50 or 60 serial numbers built at the end of '62 and the start of '63 have this fuel system variation. I don't have a positive control wing leveler but my aircraft had a Cessna ARC autopilot with a Mooney faceplate on it up until a few month ago.

Part of my briefing for passengers new to flying in the Mooney is to tell them to keep the area on the floor between the seats clear so the gear lever has a place to go.

Len

Michael said:
I hope I am not the only one who has done this, I have crossed seat belts with the passenger before and after liftoff trying to get the gear locked proved to be kinda comical.

Mike,

Never thought of that one. I'll keep it in mind.

I have locked the gear in the up position with various cords under the lever (not tangled in the lock up mechanism). Once I'm away from the ground and out of the high density traffic area around the airport I deal with getting the cords untangled.

Len

SJP said:
Power Boost ?

Now that I think about it, only the injected (E&F) engines have power boost. It's a little door that open under the prop to bypass the air filter. Supposedly to make up for bad intake design. I get an additional 1" of MP when it's open. But you need to close for t/o and landing.

SJP said:
I accept no liability should your cat get pregnant, car catch fire, hair fall out, or any other issue you may encounter directly, indirectly or in spite of using this template for any purpose, including (but not limited to) firelighters. :D

Hey, all that stuff is happening to me. What did you do?

Guess, I need to get that Mooney after all. :)

Back