checking plate updates

kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
I bought a "one-time" package of Jepp charts/plates for the Northeast region a while ago. (Didn't want to subscribe because I won't be living in the Northeast forever, and because I'm stingy.)

Most of this package is still "good". Most of the plates haven't been updated and so I can still use 'em. Is there a fast way of telling which plates have been updated and cannot be used anymore? (Right now I just check the issue date on mine against my instructor's whenever we go up.)

--Kath

Every year I get a "current manual status" list for the entire USA. It lists the date on each plate that signifies the current version. But since I'm using Jeppview, it's a new CD every two weeks and I don't look at the list.

For a small territory around where you live, Jeppview is about $45 more per year than NOS. And there's no updating :)

If you have a friend at your favorite FBO you might ask them. We used to get Jepps and their current chart sheets at the FBO I worked at. Several of the instructors would compare their charts to that regularly.

Last edited:
Back