Check Your POA Password -- And howdy!

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Having heard that there's a new sheriff in town (WRT moderation of POA), today I decided to revisit this site for the first time in 2014 (I think).

Imagine my surprise when the sign-in log said "Your last visit was at 11:31 AM today".

Since I haven't been here in five months, my only guess is that someone hacked my password and has been signing in as "me"? I don't see any bogus posts from "me", but y'all might consider the possibility that POA has been hacked, and change your password. YMMV.

So...how's everyone been? :)

Mary and I have had an incredible off-season here on the island. We gutted and completed five more double-queen rooms -- the Flying Tigers, the Apollo, The Stearman, The Charles Lindbergh, and the Van's RV Room. After almost four years of remodeling, we're getting pretty good at it, and they are our best rooms, yet.

In between, we have flown, and flown, and FLOWN Amelia, our RV-8A. We have started appearing at various airshows and fly-ins, parking her on the ramp, doing drawings, and giving away lots of hotel stuff to the crowd that inevitably forms around a bright red aeroplane! It's been SO fun, especially with the kids! They love to sit in the cockpit for pix...

We are now gearing up for "The Season" -- that period of insanity that runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day when we are so busy that we have to make special arrangements to use the latrine. For me, these are the fun times -- no more doing ceramic tile on my hands and knees! -- and we're looking forward to seeing lots of old (and making lots of new) friends!

We're in the final stages of planning for Oshkosh -- this will be our 33rd consecutive year there! As always, we will be doing the HOPS Party on Wednesday after the airshow, and y'all are invited! Just remember to bring a 6-pack of good beer from your hometown to share...

So, how are y'all doing? :)

Having heard that there's a new sheriff in town (WRT moderation of POA), today I decided to revisit this site for the first time in 2014 (I think).

Actually you started a thread about your shrimp boil about three weeks ago.

I would occasionally check your profile to see if you were really gone or just not posting. Your profile almost always had your last visit listed as less than 24 hours before.

:dunno:

(I think you're yankin' our dangs when you say you haven't been here)

BTW...what's this new sheriff talk all about? Who's the new sheriff?

Tim, unless Bart is now wearing a buff colored flight jacket and hanging out with another pilot from Waco, I too am at a loss at who the new this new sheriff is.

"15 is is my limit for schnitzel gruber Baby!"

Welcome back,hope you have a good season. Can I bring good beer even if it's not from my home town.

Imagine my surprise when the sign-in log said "Your last visit was at 11:31 AM today".

Since I haven't been here in five months, my only guess is that someone hacked my password and has been signing in as "me"? I don't see any bogus posts from "me", but y'all might consider the possibility that POA has been hacked, and change your password. YMMV.

Do you use tapa talk or other forum checking software that automatically logs in for you?

So...how's everyone been? :)

Mary and I have had an incredible off-season here on the island. We gutted and completed five more double-queen rooms -- the Flying Tigers, the Apollo, The Stearman, The Charles Lindbergh, and the Van's RV Room. After almost four years of remodeling, we're getting pretty good at it, and they are our best rooms, yet.

In between, we have flown, and flown, and FLOWN Amelia, our RV-8A. We have started appearing at various airshows and fly-ins, parking her on the ramp, doing drawings, and giving away lots of hotel stuff to the crowd that inevitably forms around a bright red aeroplane! It's been SO fun, especially with the kids! They love to sit in the cockpit for pix...

We are now gearing up for "The Season" -- that period of insanity that runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day when we are so busy that we have to make special arrangements to use the latrine. For me, these are the fun times -- no more doing ceramic tile on my hands and knees! -- and we're looking forward to seeing lots of old (and making lots of new) friends!

We're in the final stages of planning for Oshkosh -- this will be our 33rd consecutive year there! As always, we will be doing the HOPS Party on Wednesday after the airshow, and y'all are invited! Just remember to bring a 6-pack of good beer from your hometown to share...

So, how are y'all doing? :)

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70715

Oh, yeah -- I forgot I made that announcement here for the fly-in committee! But that's been it this year, so someone has been using my sign in...

I suppose it might have been my wife, clicking the link on our office PC? That used to automatically log me in... No idea.

Either way, its nice to finally have some time to relax and read 'bout some aviating. I've been a regular over at Vans Air Force, but that's more technical and less conversational than POA.

Oh, yeah -- I forgot I made that announcement here for the fly-in committee! But that's been it this year, so someone has been using my sign in...

I suppose it might have been my wife, clicking the link on our office PC? That used to automatically log me in... No idea.

Either way, its nice to finally have some time to relax and read 'bout some aviating. I've been a regular over at Vans Air Force, but that's more technical and less conversational than POA.

Let's hope Jay doesn't wonder over into the spin zone and read all the ugly things posted about him.....:redface::redface::redface:.......

Jus kiddin Jay.......:D

We all deleted them...;)...

Oh yeah,,,, welcome back to the zoo....:goofy:

Well no changes to the MC Jay but happy to see you posting.

I don't know the details -- I was just told that the moderators were moderating here again, and that's good! :yes:

One thing that is nice over at Van's Air Force -- if someone gets out of hand, they are zapped. This can seem a bit heavy handed at times (and because they accept advertising money, they won't allow anything negative to be said about vendors) but I'll tell you what -- it certainly makes for a polite atmosphere! :)

However it's sliced, I'm just glad to finally NOT be working 14 hour days, which frees me up enough to spend some time with y'all. I'm too old to be doing construction anymore!

Check the settings on your Nexus. Everytime I turn mine on, open the browser and come here, I'm already logged in.

Check the settings on your Nexus. Everytime I turn mine on, open the browser and come here, I'm already logged in.

Heh. POA: Like the Hotel California, we can check out anytime we like, but we can never leave? :)

It couldn't have been my Nexus 7 account. I deliberately deleted it from Tapatalk, just so I wouldn't be tempted to visit this wonderful time-suck of a forum.

Me? If I had a tail, I'd be wagging it. :yes:

Tail wagging in dogs is an indication of anxiety, you realize? Not happiness. ;)

Happy dogs *can* and often are also anxious. Anxious to meet someone, etc.

But just sayin'... This is one of my pet peeves with people and dogs and there are people hurt every year by the idea that if a dog is wagging its tail, its "happy".

That said, glad you're happy! ;)

There is nothing to support we've been hacked.

Anyone who wants to be successful in technology has to be willing to face the fact that there can always be evidence that hasn't shown up yet.

Anyone who wants to be successful in technology has to be willing to face the fact that there can always be evidence that hasn't shown up yet.

Or just that the industry as a whole is beyond masterful at selling half-baked crap to people that don't need it, let alone understand it.

Restaurants have more quality control than most software shops and the public even demands government oversight of same.

The quality level of the internals of most OSs and application software if put to a 3rd Party code review would be appalling.

You're basically buying the meat with the e.coli already built in.

IT pros haven't convinced many business owners to demand better, and probably never will.

The last thing a business owner wants to hear from their IT people after breathlessly announcing some IT idea they read about on the airplane from CEO Magazine is, "What you're recommending we do is incredibly dangerous for the company. Would you like me to schedule a meeting to explain why?"

Back