Check those charts

jmaynard

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Maynard
I got my new Omaha sectional yesterday from my Sporty's subscription. I was idly looking it over, and noticed that Sleepy Eye Municipal Airport (Y58) had been removed. Since I'd just been there a couple of weeks ago claiming it for the ConUS Challenge, and it was still in the A/FD, this struck me as an error. I put in a call to NACO bringing it to their attention.

I just got a call back from a very nice guy at NACO. He said that it was indeed an error. Apparently, a private airport near there had been abandoned and removed, and they simply deleted the wrong one. It'll be back on the next edition of the chart, and they'll take other actions they think are appropriate in the meantime. Since there are no services there, nobody's going to lose any money from the error, so fixing the error isn't quite as urgent as it might otherwise be. He did say that it was still in the databases that folks like AirNav use; he didn't know about the Jepp database.

They'll also call the airport manager and let them know what's going on. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I got my new Omaha sectional yesterday from my Sporty's subscription. I was idly looking it over, and noticed that Sleepy Eye Municipal Airport (Y58) had been removed. Since I'd just been there a couple of weeks ago claiming it for the ConUS Challenge, and it was still in the A/FD, this struck me as an error. I put in a call to NACO bringing it to their attention.

Wow.. good catch!

:yes:

Back