Check-ride is scheduled

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey everyone, just got off the phone and i have a checkride scheduled for Friday around 1 p.m. What a thrill!! I have been going over everything and i think i am ready to go. Hopefully my next message will say i passed it and that i am a "Private Pilot." Whew!! thats an exciting label to have.

Rudy said:
Hey everyone, just got off the phone and i have a checkride scheduled for Friday around 1 p.m. What a thrill!! I have been going over everything and i think i am ready to go. Hopefully my next message will say i passed it and that i am a "Private Pilot." Whew!! thats an exciting label to have.

Good luck, Rudy. Not that you will need it. You'll do just fine! :)

Rudy said:
Hey Rudy, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Good luck, and be sure to let us know after you pass.

Still going to take your girlfriend as your first passenger?

Thanks a lot. I will be sure to post on here how it goes. I am sure i will have at least one interesting thing that happens during it.

You'll be excited, but relax, think things through, and most of all enjoy the ride. It's really not all that hard by the time you get there... you won't be doing anything you haven't already done a dozen or more times.

The biggest thing is RELAX, and remember only focus on the task you are currently performing. If you think you did poorly on previous maneuvers, DON'T WORRY. Focus on the here and now!

Good luck!
S.

Alright thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice. I will definitely relax and just do what i have been trained to do.

Good luck, Rudy. You'll learn a lot on your check ride. I have in every checkride I have taken.

Jim G

Rudy, where and whom are you taking your ride with?

Brent

P.s. Good luck, and you will do fine!

Everybody is going to tell you to relax.

It won't work, but we'll all tell you that. :)

For my checkride, I showed up early enough to check out the plane, logbooks, etc. I did manage to find a missing AD endorsement in the plane's logs. In doing so, I managed to walk into the back of a C-152's aileron - and got myself a "Cessna star" on the top of my head (yes, 1 hour before my checkride).

After that, it took my instructor and a few others at the club distracting me to keep me from curling up in the fetal position on the floor.

The examiner was a bit wacky (especially in the oral), but the ride itself was pretty straightforward and easy (again, especially the oral). If you can do your maneuvers well enough to get your instructor and "mock checkride" instructor to say you're ready - you're better than you have to be for the checkride itself.

So, relax if you can, or curse us out for the advice if you must. Just hang in there!

And Rudy? If no one has already suggested it:

RELAX!

Rudy said:
Alright thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice. I will definitely relax and just do what i have been trained to do.
Rudy, one more thing, don't forget those clearing turns. :)

Brent Bradford said:
Rudy, where and whom are you taking your ride with?

Brent

P.s. Good luck, and you will do fine!
I am taking my ride with my grandpa Jim Belew at PTS in Pittsburg,KS

Dont worry Diana i won't forget those turns

Rudy,

Sure, we all say to relax and that is important. One thing to think about is something I noticed during my ride. I was naturally nervous before but as soon as the plane left the ground I was busy flying the plane and having fun so the nervousness went away. Have a fun flight with it!

Mark
N5641B

msims said:
Sure, we all say to relax and that is important. One thing to think about is something I noticed during my ride. I was naturally nervous before but as soon as the plane left the ground I was busy flying the plane and having fun so the nervousness went away. Have a fun flight with it!

Let me echo that. The examiner isn't gonna give you a chance to think about getting nervous - it'll be one procedure to the next. I can only think of two times that they won't have you doing something:

1. On the way to an airport when landing is next up on the agenda
2. Just before they pull an engine out

If the examiner doesn't ask for the next maneuver but just sits there while you're flying straight, start looking for a field!

Alright thanks everyone, It turns out i am gonna go tommorow a little after 9. It is 10:44 p.m. right now in Pittsburg and i know im not gonna be able to sleep. Haha

And Diana, I am taking my girlfriend up first, i dont know if it will be tommorow for sure but she is first on the list.

Rudy said:
Alright thanks everyone, It turns out i am gonna go tommorow a little after 9. It is 10:44 p.m. right now in Pittsburg and i know im not gonna be able to sleep.

Good luck Rudy, you'll do great!

Rudy said:
And Diana, I am taking my girlfriend up first, i dont know if it will be tommorow for sure but she is first on the list.

You'll get lots of points with her, for taking her first. The men in your family will understand.
:)

Diana said:
You'll get lots of points with her, for taking her first. The men in your family will understand.
:)

Yeah they will get over it. haha she might not. better not take a chance!!

Back