Check out the dip in this runway...

And here I was thinking that it was going to be a picture of Spike at an airport! :D [ducks]

(j/k, Spike!)
Nah, Spike's a good guy and a sharp cookie, despite what you may have heard. Stop picking on him! :)

NTSB: "So, were you landing uphill or downhill?"
Pilot: "Yes, I was!"

Kutztown Pa. , n31,(now closed) has or had a series of woop de doos in the runway that reminded me of that photo.

There was a dip on the runway today at our contest but he was flying a 182 and figured he was the only guy in the world that had any interest in that runway for about 5 minutes.

PJ can make any joke about me he wants - anyone who does as much as he does for the museum, gets unlimited latitude.

Nah, Spike's a good guy and a sharp cookie, despite what you may have heard. Stop picking on him! :)

I know Spike's a good guy. It's all in good fun.

PJ can make any joke about me he wants - anyone who does as much as he does for the museum, gets unlimited latitude.

Thanks Spike, I'll try not to abuse that privilege ;-). Really, the only reason I mentioned your name was that you were one of the few people on here that I could trust to just take it as good-natured ribbing and not get bent out of shape. I fully expect a retaliatory jab back from you in the future.

Was the Grumman taking off or landing?

Outclimbing the terrain is one thing, but outclimbing the runway?

OKH 20' wide and has a rise of 120' in the last of 07 or the first of 25

Attachments

• 07 runway.jpg
    07 runway.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 59
  • air port.jpg
    air port.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 56
  • HPIM0126.jpg
    HPIM0126.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 48
  • 25 at OKH.jpg
    25 at OKH.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 44
I know Spike's a good guy. It's all in good fun.

Thanks Spike, I'll try not to abuse that privilege ;-). Really, the only reason I mentioned your name was that you were one of the few people on here that I could trust to just take it as good-natured ribbing and not get bent out of shape. I fully expect a retaliatory jab back from you in the future.

Don't worry about Spike I have him all toughened in on taking a good ribbing. I ran out of lawyer jokes on him and he tells me he still wants to go flying with me.:wink2:

Big Creek (U60) in central Idaho has a pretty sizeable dip, too. Lots of folks plan to touch down after the dip because it tends to get soggy and muddy at the bottom.

Attachments

• P1040388.jpg
    P1040388.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30
Who needs a runway??? Oh riiiiiight...... neutered wings.

Kutztown Pa. , n31,(now closed) has or had a series of woop de doos in the runway that reminded me of that photo.
I remember landing there when the Citabria gang lead me all over Pennsylvania on a tour. I was so hungry, I didn't notice the dip. :D

And here I was thinking that it was going to be a picture of Spike at an airport! :D [ducks]
:blowingkisses: to Spike

Um, this is my home airport, collegedale, TN (FGU). It is not as bad as it looks. The Mooney does float quite a bit further, though, as you keep going downhill towards the flair.
I remember the first time I landed there. Couldn't figure out why I kept floating and floating and floating and floating while flaring. :D

It's a neat little airport. :yes:

Years ago we were stuck in traffic on the road leading to the entrance of Disneyland. My then-teenage son jumped at the opportunity to pose with this sign ...

:D

slow_dip.jpg

Back