Cheapest iPad Mini

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
Just got a Target ad listing the original 16G Mini WiFi for $199. That's the cheapest I've seen it yet.

I suspect they're blowing out their remaining stock of the first gen minis in anticipation of a Fall refresh. iOS 8 was demo'd at their developers conference last week so I suspect the vendors will be busy exploring its capabilities this week.

If I am not mistaken though if you are wanting to use it with Foreflight or other navigation app you will need the cellular equipped Ipad which gives you an internal GPS. Cell plan does not need to be activated but the wifi only Ipad does not have GPS.

Or use a stratus

all targets sold out by me.
One store has sold 25 in the last 24 hours (of the $199 model)

all targets sold out by me.
One store has sold 25 in the last 24 hours (of the $199 model)

I suspect that was the goal. I posted within five minutes of getting the email alert, so I did my part! Perhaps they have a lot of POAers near you! :D

Score

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I just picked one up at lunch...I have a 32GB Air already but find it to be a little big the the cockpit.

The Target I went to still has 2 left at this price

T-Mobile is running a nice promo now with $100 off the latest iPads, and $10 off a data plan if you want it. No contracts.

back to $269 at Target.

Check Wal-Mart. I bought a 16gb Wi-Fi only for $199

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Best Buy is having a sale right now too.

Or use a stratus
Stratus costs $800 and adds another box to your bag-load. Adding the cellular capability costs $100 and adds nothing to your bag. Since I'm always going from plane to plane, and I don't like spending more money that is necessary for the capability I want, I chose the latter. YMMV.

Also, if you want to use that iPad mini as an EFB, you're not going to like what happens with only 16gb. Further, if you buy an original (non-Retina) mini, you're already one generation behind on the chip, and IIRC, Apple only guarantees backward compatibility two generations -- and they are running about 15 months between generations these days.

Last edited:
Back