Chat Room Access

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at chat.pilotsofamerica.com Port 80

I'm on a friend's borrowed laptop using a wireless internet connection at the resort we are calling home this weekend and this is the message I'm getting when I try to access the chat room here. :incazzato:The Forum loads just fine and other IM sites (like Yahoo) work fine. We're having fun this weekend, but I seem to be pitching a perfect game with some things. :dunno:

I have had that too at some hotels. In fact the hotel I was at for the last few days did the same thing.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at chat.pilotsofamerica.com Port 80

I'm on a friend's borrowed laptop using a wireless internet connection at the resort we are calling home this weekend and this is the message I'm getting when I try to access the chat room here. :incazzato:The Forum loads just fine and other IM sites (like Yahoo) work fine. We're having fun this weekend, but I seem to be pitching a perfect game with some things. :dunno:

You must be having a wild and crazy time if you're trying to hang out with this bunch. woo-hoo!

You must be having a wild and crazy time if you're trying to hang out with this bunch. woo-hoo!

Ugggh... I am. But, I'm worried about my airplane and wanted to complain about it and vent last night with people who would understand. :( My scrapbook friends are great, but they really can't relate to the feelings you get when the engine suddenly runs rough on the base to final turn and then quits before you want it to. I generally like it to do that after parking in front of the FBO! Call me crazy. :crazy:

I hear some of those scrapbookers are really kinky ladies.

Ugggh... I am. But, I'm worried about my airplane and wanted to complain about it and vent last night with people who would understand. :( My scrapbook friends are great, but they really can't relate to the feelings you get when the engine suddenly runs rough on the base to final turn and then quits before you want it to. I generally like it to do that after parking in front of the FBO! Call me crazy. :crazy:

The ports that chat uses are blocked by the hotel that you're staying at.

Yep. That is it. I have seen it happen at a lot of hotels. I am pretty sure Mari has experienced this issue as well. Nothing one can do about it.
We could fix it by running the chat server on port 80. The problem is that it would require another ip address. It's hard to justify another address just for the rare hotel visit.

Yep. That is it. I have seen it happen at a lot of hotels. I am pretty sure Mari has experienced this issue as well. Nothing one can do about it.
True. I can now get around it by using my USB aircard if it's in the US but as was mentioned in the international cellphone thread, data is too expensive in Canada for me to use it just for chat.

We could fix it by running the chat server on port 80. The problem is that it would require another ip address. It's hard to justify another address just for the rare hotel visit.

This has effected me in hotels and what better to do when you are sitting in a hotel room board than go to chat:D.
I agree it is not worth the extra work or cost to fix the rare issue.

When that happens I just tether through the blackberry. Slow but generally so is chat.

I use scrapbooking paper all the time for Origami boxes and dishes. Good stuff.

I use scrapbooking paper all the time for Origami boxes and dishes. Good stuff.

I luv the double-sided cardstock brands like Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, and K and Company for projects like you are describing! :) It holds up really well and looks great in three dimensions! I like to make Christmas ornaments for our tree every year.

Flygirl, I have relayed your plight in chat.

And LOL... which one, Sac?? I seem to have started a list of things to complain about this weekend! :( I'm home now finally though. Back to work tomorrow. Another week begins... sigh.

Back