Charter for grandmother

tspear

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Timothy
My grandmother is 100, had a recent stroke, but is mobile (somewhat) again.
Now she would like to move from Phoenix (Sun City West) to my aunt's home outside Minneapolis.
It has been suggested the doc may require a cabin altitude lower than 8K. This means, no commercial flights.
So, any leads on a charter company that can move her, along with one or two care givers (parents, aunts or uncles...).
Note: There is no rush on this, she is still in recovery and is not ready to move yet.

Tim

Find a doctor that understands pressures and airpalnes. Commercial airlines are pressurized to the equivalent of 8000'.

I’m a Flight nurse and we do trips like this all the time. I will PM the contact info,

As far as cabin pressures...we generally are flying between 40-45k with a cabin pressure of 5-6k.

My grandmother is 100, had a recent stroke, but is mobile (somewhat) again.
Now she would like to move from Phoenix (Sun City West) to my aunt's home outside Minneapolis.
It has been suggested the doc may require a cabin altitude lower than 8K. This means, no commercial flights.
So, any leads on a charter company that can move her, along with one or two care givers (parents, aunts or uncles...).
Note: There is no rush on this, she is still in recovery and is not ready to move yet.

Tim
Where would your grandmother be traveling from?

@Shawn
A family friend, said often after a stroke, docs recommend not flying commercial and to minimize a change in altitude.
We do not have official word from her physicians. So, I am gathering info and options.

@Brian Jones
Thanks.

@Kelvin
Thanks.

Tim

Back