Charlie Brown tree

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
It seemed appropriate somehow to decorate the red bud tree by our deck. This WAS a lovely tree (prior to the ice storm) and provided shade, branches to hang our bird feeders and a climbing/resting spot for kids and cats. Poor red bud. It won’t be alive much longer now, but it wanted one last chance to be pretty and functional.

Does anyone else have a Charlie Brown tree?

Attachments

• Charlie Brown tree.jpg
    Charlie Brown tree.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Christmas red bud.jpg
    Christmas red bud.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Charlie Brown tree 2.jpg
    Charlie Brown tree 2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Christmas red bud 2.jpg
    Christmas red bud 2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 43
Diana, Celia loves it, says it looks like a cactus, now!

You are a ray of bright joy.

Diana, Celia loves it, says it looks like a cactus, now!
I didn't see the cactus till you mentioned that. Yep, it sure enough looks like a cactus!

You are a ray of bright joy.
Aw, Spike. :blowingkisses:

Actually, I wondered if people might think I was strange for decorating that poor tree. :redface: But, I didn't start worrying about it until nobody said anything about the pictures and then thought people were being so nice they didn't know what to say, so they just didn't say anything. :redface:

Actually, I thought it looked a little like a cowboy strumming his guitar. Just need a hat on him! How're you faring?

It reminded me of the way I've seen cacti decked out in Tucson too. In other years I have put lights on my (indoor) ficus, but this year I am lazy...

Actually, I thought it looked a little like a cowboy strumming his guitar. Just need a hat on him!
I just may go get him a hat! :D

How're you faring?
Thanks for asking Grant. :) I went flying yesterday for the first time in a l-o-n-g time and it greatly improved my mood. I've been cranky lately. :eek: Poor Tom. :eek: Actually, I gave one of Tom's students a ride in the Citabria yesterday, so I made somebody else happy yesterday. Tom drove our tractor down to the neighbor's to help them move their heavy tree limbs yesterday afternoon.

Life is almost back to normal, except the broken water line in the hangar that did some damage in the hangar apartment. We still have a LOT of clean-up to do here, but the worst has been cleared up with the help of our friends. So, it's time to relax, get in the hot tub, and enjoy spending time with our family. :yes: The rest of the sticks and tree limbs can wait a little longer.

Ain't electricity great?!! :)
Yes, yes, yes! :yes:

If we were still on the generator right now, I would sacrifice a light in the house somewhere in order to plug in the Charlie Brown tree. :)

I forgot that line! Time to go watch that video again...it's been several years. It used to be my favorite Christmas video.

Mine, too... although the original "Grinch" is close behind.

I'm not a religious person, but Linus reciting from the Bible onstage in that film is one of the most powerful bits of animation I've ever seen... good thing they took a chance leaving that in despite the sponsors being worried (even then!) that it was "too religious"... it was part of the reason it became a huge hit.

I appreciate that the thistle seed sack still holds a special place on the tree. Knowing and seeing that tree for the last 30 plus years, you have made the best out its useful life by the decoration (which is done very well btw). I sure hope that the rest of the holiday season is as festive as the tree.

I sure hope you and Dad have a super Christmas and New Year.

I appreciate that the thistle seed sack still holds a special place on the tree. Knowing and seeing that tree for the last 30 plus years, you have made the best out its useful life by the decoration (which is done very well btw).
I knew you would appreciate those pictures. :)

That tree reminds me of the story of The Giving Tree.

I sure hope that the rest of the holiday season is as festive as the tree.

I sure hope you and Dad have a super Christmas and New Year.
We wish the same for you too! :yes: We mailed your package on Wednesday and the guy at the post office said it "should get there by Christmas"...I hope he was right. Your Thanksgiving video is in the package too. :)

"Should" being the optimum word in that sentence. Never trust the post office when you mail something to Hawaii to be "on-time" during the Christmas season. They have a tendency to pile things (especially bulky stuff) under a tent at the airport until those carriers that are on vacation return to the job.

Anyway, it will arrive when they deliver it and we will be appreciative.

Back