Charitable Endeavor -- CHUCK??

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Most of you know that I've been known to dabble in the entertainment field. Self-imposed retirement(if I can stand it) is proving worthy.

On August 26 I'll be in vocal concert with another benefit performance at the old home town church. My accompanist is a lady with whom I had worked years ago in a couple theatrical stagings. Interestingly, it appears we'll be recording the repertoire, prior to performance date, at a sound stage near here.

The studio piano is a Steinway Hamburg D Concert Grand -- magnificent, $120,000.00 instrument -- which has been used - and autographed - by the likes of Peter Nero, Vladimir Horowitz, and dozens of other famous artists. WOW! It makes my accompanist's nice "Roland" digital piano sound bad.

For those of you who have wondered what-the-blazes it is I do, could I interest you in a CD? There'll be absolutely no monetary gain in it for me or Karen. (I'm, personnally, covering the studio costs as part of the benefit.)

And if this post is out-of-line, Chuck can delete it.

HR(off to study lyrics)

What type of music do you put on the CD?

Lawreston said:
Most of you know that I've been known to dabble in the entertainment field. Self-imposed retirement(if I can stand it) is proving worthy.

On August 26 I'll be in vocal concert with another benefit performance at the old home town church. My accompanist is a lady with whom I had worked years ago in a couple theatrical stagings. Interestingly, it appears we'll be recording the repertoire, prior to performance date, at a sound stage near here.

The studio piano is a Steinway Hamburg D Concert Grand -- magnificent, $120,000.00 instrument -- which has been used - and autographed - by the likes of Peter Nero, Vladimir Horowitz, and dozens of other famous artists. WOW! It makes my accompanist's nice "Roland" digital piano sound bad.

For those of you who have wondered what-the-blazes it is I do, could I interest you in a CD? There'll be absolutely no monetary gain in it for me or Karen. (I'm, personnally, covering the studio costs as part of the benefit.)

And if this post is out-of-line, Chuck can delete it.

HR(off to study lyrics)

Dave Krall CFII said:
What type of music do you put on the CD?

First, the setting:

The bulk of the audience will be in their 60s and over. Their families have been summer residents of this small Maine town for many decades. When I was a kid I probably knew the parents of the current generation of these retirees(except for the newbies who keep buying the coastal properties). August 26 is the final Saturday before said folks head back to Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and wherever to get the children/grandchildren back to college and/or regular schools. Hence, "Well, summer is over; we'll see you folks next June." ((And, hopefully, they'll still have unspent $$ in their pockets -- Nyuk, nyuk.))

Accordingly, they won't be hearing any Blood, Sweat & Tears; Chicago; Little Richard; or the current rap. Rather, repertoire shall be selections with which they would have an affinity: Music from Broadway(Oklahomaa; My Fair Lady; L'il Abner; Oliver("Where is Love?"). Also, the auld Irish toons(When Irish Eyes Are Smiling; Danny Boy; Beatles(Yesterday); Born Free; a couple Ray Charles pieces(Georgia On My Mind; Born to Lose). Something like those.

It's not certain, yet; but in addition to my regular accompanist I may have some back-up from Dave Bullard's acoustic guitar(pending his schedule).

HR

Last edited:
Back