Chapter contests

Maybe you were only looking at one Region, but there are (6) regions, and last year there were (39) different regional contests across the country. I ran two of them (Northeast), and I don't run 40% of the contests in the country. :) You've got a Waco, right? Guarantee everyone would love to see one at a contest. :)

OK, you were looking at the '13 calendar. That simply represents chapters who have set definitive dates for their contests, AND submitted them to IAC. Not all are listed. Most will show up later. I haven't set dates for our (IAC 19) Spring and Fall contests yet.

Check here - there's a drop-down box next to "Region" where all completed contests in a year are listed.

http://www.usnationalaerobatics.org/IAC/IAC_Scores.asp?selYear=2012

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. Just have to get ready then keep an eye on the calendar.

OK, you were looking at the '13 calendar. That simply represents chapters who have set definitive dates for their contests, AND submitted them to IAC. Not all are listed. Most will show up later. I haven't set dates for our (IAC 19) Spring and Fall contests yet.

Check here - there's a drop-down box next to "Region" where all completed contests in a year are listed.

http://www.usnationalaerobatics.org/IAC/IAC_Scores.asp?selYear=2012

Ernie, I'm coming to the ladies love taildraggers fly in again this year... Where your grand daughter came last year... Maybe you can swing over for and afternoon burger and visit?
Sorry to interrupt this thread.
It would be way cool for you to go to a competition. I was fearful last year when I went to my first one but had a great time. Everyone was helpful and collegial. No big egos swaggering around and even the advanced and unlimited guys helped each other out. It felt like folks were flying against themselves not each other. Although I realize that for some points may have mattered towards the nationals but no one got snarky.
Of course I was a newby and a bit starry eyed so maybe I missed the behind the scenes inter relationship crap that happens with any group but I doubt it.
I was also the only female. You might ask your grand daughter if she wants to try primary just for fun in her citabria. Or ride along with you in the Waco!

Last edited:
Thanks Jeanie. Is LLT in Savannah again this year? She is a senior with a BF this year. Not much flying going on.

It was a pretty good fly-in last year, you will have a blast.

I still need to accomplish two things, decent slow rolls and coming out of a spin going down. Then I need to find a coach and put it all together. Not going to be competitive, just have fun and learn. I am committed to flying more this year and learning to fly this beast well.

Ernie

Back