Changing CFI

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
I'm 32h into my PPL and my CFI quit at the flight school. I can follow him to another school to finish out, or get another instructor at my current school? Any thoughts?

Are you going Part 141? If so, changing schools might be a bit of a hassle insofar as getting credit for hours logged. If it is Part 61 on both ends, the decision should be based on how well you and the instructor clicked.

Bob Gardner

What aircraft were you training in? does your CFI's new place have the same?

Which do you like better -- the school or the instructor?

I thousand percent agree with Capt Levy.

You might give a new cfi 1 flight to see how it goes and if it doesn't jive talk to the other school about how easy they can bring you in. I think after that the choice becomes obvious.

It is always a hassle changing planes or CFI or Schools but there is some advantage to flying with more than one CFI in most cases. However in a good quality school the benefits might be minimized by standardized training.

Are you going Part 141? If so, changing schools might be a bit of a hassle insofar as getting credit for hours logged. If it is Part 61 on both ends, the decision should be based on how well you and the instructor clicked.

Bob Gardner

+100000

If you find an instructor that's working well for you, I would by all means hang on to that.

Back