Change of Address After Checkride

HerrGruyere

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Pistol Pete
Hey All,

I was just wondering: I'm moving at the end of the month and will have a new address as of December 1st. I just took my checkride on Saturday. If I don't have my permanent certificate by December 1st (likely), will it really throw a wrench in their gears if I change my address? I will have to at some point, anyway.

I use mail forwarding services from the USPS, so perhaps it will arrive at my new address.

One of two things will happen. Either your address change will reach the Airman Registry before they print your new certificate and the new address will be on it, or they'll print it before the change is recorded and it won't. If it shows up with the old address, you will have the choice of leaving it alone (you complied with the rules by making the report within 30 days) or paying $2 for a new certificate with the new address.

...and I hope you're aware that you can do the FAA address change online.

Oh yes. I'm definitely aware. I'm just worried the FAA will get confused that I moved, e.g. they've printed the hard copy license and sent it to my old address despite me having filed my new address before the printing of my hard copy license, and now I have to jump through 80 hoops while juggling chainsaws to get the new one to me.

Oh yes. I'm definitely aware. I'm just worried the FAA will get confused that I moved, e.g. they've printed the hard copy license and sent it to my old address despite me having filed my new address before the printing of my hard copy license, and now I have to jump through 80 hoops while juggling chainsaws to get the new one to me.

Sorry to give you the bad news... but....

As of the first of November the "new" rules are ...124 hoops, not 80 anymore, and the hoop fee was increased to 2.50 a hoop... And, OSHA has added a requirement for the chainsaw to have a titanium blade guard installed ,and the EPA is now wanting a multimetal catalytic converter on the exhaust of the chainsaw..:hairraise::eek:;)......

Ps... Hope the license gets to you as easy and as fast as possible. :yes:

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. It got forwarded to my new address by USPS automatically. And I'm moving again, same time I'll probably be done with the IR. So round 2 of hoping the FAA undersands will begin.

Sorry to give you the bad news... but....

As of the first of November the "new" rules are ...124 hoops, not 80 anymore, and the hoop fee was increased to 2.50 a hoop... And, OSHA has added a requirement for the chainsaw to have a titanium blade guard installed ,and the EPA is now wanting a multimetal catalytic converter on the exhaust of the chainsaw..:hairraise::eek:;)......

Great... Just when I thought I had it all figured out.

Hahahaha

Back