Chainsaw Massacre Prank

JasonM

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JM
This would freak me out. How could you not think it was real? This guy was born without any legs and only 1 arm and did this. :yikes:

My first thought was: If he happens to run into a concealed carry permit holder, Mr. Fake Chainsaw Idiot is dead, dead, DEAD.

If the chainsaw guy was shot by the CCW holder, I wonder if there would be any charges?

If the chainsaw guy was shot by the CCW holder, I wonder if there would be any charges?

There may be charges, but they would probably not be convicted if they feared for their life, and given the circumstances one could argue that pretty easy.

Depends on the location though, although most places still allow self defense.. And a guy running at you with a chainsaw is pretty straight forward.

My first thought was: If he happens to run into a concealed carry permit holder, Mr. Fake Chainsaw Idiot is dead, dead, DEAD.

Or any of the thousands of off duty law enforcement running around armed, in the places that allow that :)

There may be charges, but they would probably not be convicted if they feared for their life, and given the circumstances one could argue that pretty easy.

Depends on the location though, although most places still allow self defense.. And a guy running at you with a chainsaw is pretty straight forward.

Also, the guy crawling yelling "help me, help me" would have been in danger of death.

It would depend on the DA, but I don't see it being a productive prosecution in a CCW state, so I doubt it. This passes the tests of what would allow one to shoot, I doubt an NYC DA would be fond of prosecuting a shooter in this. Bernie Getz got off...

This guy has a buddy..Roman Atwood, and they both do some pranks that I wonder how they don't get shot. And I mean they do some nasty ones in not so good parts of town. I often wonder if they are set up. Some have to be..

This guy has a buddy..Roman Atwood, and they both do some pranks that I wonder how they don't get shot. And I mean they do some nasty ones in not so good parts of town. I often wonder if they are set up. Some have to be..

Either that or being caught off guard by such a bizarre scenario the just flee regardless of being armed.:dunno:

Either that or being caught off guard by such a bizarre scenario the just flee regardless of being armed.:dunno:

Yeah could be. Sometimes bizarre things stops anyone in there tracks. I saw one the Atwood guy was going around pulling up sagging pants. He pulled up on this dude and took off and a gun fell from his pocket. The prankee was stunned yet ****ed. It could have been bad or it was planned...not totally sure.

Yeah could be. Sometimes bizarre things stops anyone in there tracks. I saw one the Atwood guy was going around pulling up sagging pants. He pulled up on this dude and took off and a gun fell from his pocket. The prankee was stunned yet ****ed. It could have been bad or it was planned...not totally sure.

From baggy pants guy or from the puller's pocket?

Carrying a handheld firearm outside a holster properly made for the job, is retarded.

And nobody called 911? I think all the participants were in on it too, or you'd have seen a segment where the cops were there as well, guns drawn. Maybe shooting.

I would hope that was done in a controlled environment and the 'victims' were in on it and good actors.

If not, the perp could easily been the recipient of some lead.

Reality TV isn't.

Agreed. How about Airplane Repo as an example?

Word on the street around here is that it's based on a very real repo guy from here at VPZ, and they thought it was a cool idea for a show.

So they follow him around, get insight as to what he does and how he does it, and then run off and make a completely different show with a bunch of unrealistic stuff that just doesn't happen.

Oh look! It's a 50 year old amphibian! Security won't let us in because they don't believe our paperwork. Well, we're just going to jump the fence, run over there, jump in, fire it up, and take off. Then we have an engine problem so we'll land on a lake instead of that airport over there, diagnose via osmosis that it's a plugged oil cooler, fix it with a screwdriver while the hull is filling up with water, and then still take off when we're done 15 minutes later.

Oh, sure it's real.

Pretty good, but for safety's sake obviously it's all staged, including those who are "pranked." The only ones pranked are the ones watching the video.

Agreed. How about Airplane Repo as an example?

Word on the street around here is that it's based on a very real repo guy from here at VPZ, and they thought it was a cool idea for a show.

There was a short lived (four episodes or so) version of Airplane Repo that did follow around Nick Popovich (out of GYY, not VPZ). I'm sure there was a little manipulation it by and large was a real nice treatment and it seemed to be doing real repos unlike the blithering nonsense in the current version of the program.

I believe you can find the Sage-Popovich episodes of the show on Amazon video.

There was a short lived (four episodes or so) version of Airplane Repo that did follow around Nick Popovich (out of GYY, not VPZ). I'm sure there was a little manipulation it by and large was a real nice treatment and it seemed to be doing real repos unlike the blithering nonsense in the current version of the program.

I did hear that a while back, I just never the time to check it out. I'll have to look for those the next time I'm home and the wx is poor.

Easy to imagine doing the dirty work at GYY, the fun stuff at VPZ.

I saw those episodes - if I remember, there were even posts on this board from their office whenever they had parts to sell.

That show was more about finding the aircraft in the first place, and trying to get there before the 'owner' moved it again. Once they got there, and tagged the a/c as being repossessed, it was usually just a matter of getting whatever ferry permit was necessary to fly it out and settling whatever bills were due. Not much drama, but the airplanes were cool. The new show is also not much drama, but in a totally different way.

Back