CGR-30P Bar Graph Resolution

jbrrapa

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JBR
I have two CGR-30P's installed in my twin. I have found that the bar graph resolution is such that changes in EGT or CHT are not reflected on the graphs unless they are massive. As examples, (a) when doing a mag check (either at runup or in the air) or (b) when enrichening or leaning the mixtures, the EGT graphs do not not change.

EI has said the resolution is not adjustable. Therefore the graphs are practically useless.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The CGR-30P can be placed in different modes which may help you notice smaller temperature changes a bit better. See below for example. Digital.PNG

The CGR-30P can be placed in different modes which may help you notice smaller temperature changes a bit better. See below for example. View attachment 122021
That's true, but it defeats the whole purpose of the bar graph, i.e., to see at a glance a problem or a new trend. The digital view does not indicate relative changes.

There are other methods to utilize the engine monitor, as well. You had mentioned a mag check. Very often, users will put the monitor in normalized mode to be able to quickly see if a cylinder is firing or not. Additionally, when leaning, the monitor can be placed in LEAN-ROP mode to where it will show the operator the first cylinder to peak, it's actual temperature at the bottom of the display and the degrees from peak, allowing the operator to richen to a specific number of degrees below peak. Alternatively, the CGR-30P's LEAN-LOP offers similary functionality, however, it show the temps and degrees below peak of the last cylinder to peak, allowing the user to lean to a specific number of degrees below peak.

Back