CFII away, how shall I play?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
He's away at type-training. I've got the C150 on Tuesday. I thought I might go to Easton for some a vegeburger, TPW, steep turns, slow flight (is there "fast flight" in a C150?), etc.

Other thoughts?

wangmyers said:
is there "fast flight" in a C150?

Downhill with a tailwind?

If you can't find a safety pilot, try flying a few approaches and holds in VMC. Sometimes you learn a lot that way.

lancefisher said:
Downhill with a tailwind?

If you can't find a safety pilot, try flying a few approaches and holds in VMC. Sometimes you learn a lot that way.

It is really neat to have a look at an approach that you have done for some time while NOT under the foggles. You will be amazed at how low you go on an ILS, for example. Or how far out from the airport you are on that long final after vectors. I highly recommend a bit of approach work while VMC. Safety pilot is good for that as well.

Jim G

How about some cobbler with your veggieburger ?

I like the suggestion about flying some of the approaches un-foggled. I did that before my checkride. Really helped with visualization. I also went out and practiced landings. So much of IFR training is done with low-approaches that I got rusty with traffic pattern operations. Since, one of the approaches on the checkride will include a circle to a full landing I figured I might as well make it a good one.

Back