CFI student Internet resorces ?

sdflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sdflyer
Does anybody know any Internet resources for CFI students?
I'm wondering if there a place where I can download handouts and other materials that I can incorporate to my student library :)

Just google what you're looking for - 'Physics of Flight diagram', etc. You would be amazed at how much stuff is floating around on this interweb thing. ;) I used it when I helped teach a PP ground-school last fall. I had the 'pleasure' of teaching the WX unit, so I used some t-storm development stage images, types of clouds, etc. etc.

Thanks Tristar and CJones I'll take look.

Currently I have a bunch of aviation books recommended for CFI training (about 10 books ), however, I'm looking for more.
I remember during my instrument and commercial training I found on the Internet neatly organized free custom made handouts dedicated to weather reports, instrument staff, Arrow hydravlic system in details and so on..

What I'm looking right now is sort of similar "cheatsheets" directed towards CFI training. For example list of endorsements, FOI's acrhonims and etc. Usually I tend to incorporate such compiled infomrtaon into my own personal handout where I keep all key elements I must know cold :)

There's so much stuff for CFIs on the web, you'll fry your brain trying to sift through it all. Every time I look for some specific area, I find tons more than expected. I continue to save various items for later review.

As for getting ready for your own training and your CFI practical, I'd recommend working on your lesson plan book go along with the Private and Commercial PTS books. You'll find a lot of lesson plans already written on the web but the greatest amount of my learning came from writing my own "brand" after determining what format I wanted to use. Even then, you'll find gaps. All you can do is read and read. Get quizzed and more quizzing to follow.

During the oral portion of the practical, you'll likely learn things you didn't know or thought you did. Sometimes, it's the simple things that may bite you. All you can do is learn from that, get your ticket then go learn more and more as you begin teaching.

As for getting ready for your own training and your CFI practical, I'd recommend working on your lesson plan book go along with the Private and Commercial PTS books. You'll find a lot of lesson plans already written on the web but the greatest amount of my learning came from writing my own "brand" after determining what format I wanted to use. Even then, you'll find gaps. All you can do is read and read. Get quizzed and more quizzing to follow.
Actually I'm sort of already came up to my own personalized lesson plans. Sure other example I found helped me a lot to develop my own:)

During the oral portion of the practical, you'll likely learn things you didn't know or thought you did. Sometimes, it's the simple things that may bite you. All you can do is learn from that, get your ticket then go learn more and more as you begin teaching.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to teach martial arts for some time when you teach you learn a lot ! :yesnod:

I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to teach martial arts for some time when you teach you learn a lot ! :yesnod:
I'm not sure I'd want to teach something where students come up with a better way to break your bones. Students do that in flight training though it's usually not quite as immediate as your scenario. :fcross: :)

Back