CFI Medical Questions

U

Unregistered

There is a CFI on the local field doing endrosements, and currently two new students, one Light Sport the other Private Pilot.

When you go to the FAA Airmans registry it indicates the date of last medical was March 2010.
Current pilots certification is good until Feb 2017

What am I missing here ? From what I understand other than the light sport instruction these are items which are outside of his allowable activities.

The Private pilot student is scheduling up the exam with a DE at this time and I am curious if the CFI who endorsed his log book is shown on any of the DE's paperwork for the FAA.
Does anyone in the process know that the person signing a logbook is certified to do so ?

There is a CFI on the local field doing endrosements, and currently two new students, one Light Sport the other Private Pilot.

When you go to the FAA Airmans registry it indicates the date of last medical was March 2010.
Current pilots certification is good until Feb 2017

What am I missing here ? From what I understand other than the light sport instruction these are items which are outside of his allowable activities.

The Private pilot student is scheduling up the exam with a DE at this time and I am curious if the CFI who endorsed his log book is shown on any of the DE's paperwork for the FAA.
Does anyone in the process know that the person signing a logbook is certified to do so ?

Have you asked these questions to the CFI in question? :dunno:

The FAA online database isn't necessarily either correct or up to date. In fact, it is a complete violation of the Federal Privacy act that such information is even visible to the public there. The FAA's limited exemption to the act doesn't apply to medical information and further the FAA steadfastily refuses to comply with their exemption by allowing pilots to opt out of the public listings.

Unless you're one of those two students (in which case, you should talk to your CFI), you've got way too much free time if you're "investigating" local CFIs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back