CFI LOOKING FOR RIDE TO OSHKOSH

Napavalleyflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Napavalleyflyer
SAN FRANCISCO CFI LOOKING FOR RIDE TO OSHKOSH

Hello, my name is Gabriel I am located out of Napa Airport (APC). I had a ride to Oshkosh but unfortunately he decided to back out if it so I thought I try my luck online. I am open to leaving/arriving anytime, I will drive to your airport where ever it is you are, and I am more than happy to work something out in exchange for the ride. If you would like we can even meet up and talk about the flight. Here is a little bit about me.

• I currently have 1300 hours, 150, 152, 172, 182, Cherokee, Warrior, Archer, Arrow, Seminole, Seneca, Money Rocket, and Bonanza.
  • BS in aviation, currently a nursing student.
  • I have my CFi, CFII, and MEI.
  • Fluent in Spanish & English.
  • I have Christian morals.

Last edited:
Have a friend looking for aco pilot for OSH but your not even close to us .good luck

Great opportunity for someone working on their IR to get some instruction and build hours.

Seriously? He didn't say anything negative...

Ryan

Heh.

Some of us who maintain high moral standards without religious affiliation are touchy about their commingling. I probably wouldn't have baited him, but the "maybe JC needs some dual" comment earned a guilty chuckle from me. :D

I was more piqued that OP didn't wave a "will split fuel costs" offer high and clear where it could be seen. As if the bleatings of a CFI for 3000nm are worth their weight in avgas. Mine aren't.

I was more piqued that OP didn't wave a "will split fuel costs" offer high and clear where it could be seen. As if the bleatings of a CFI for 3000nm are worth their weight in avgas. Mine aren't.

Gas, grass, or.....

Well, no one rides for free, anyways.

Heh.

Some of us who maintain high moral standards without religious affiliation are touchy about their commingling. I probably wouldn't have baited him, but the "maybe JC needs some dual" comment earned a guilty chuckle from me. :D

Yea, but who the hell puts "christian values" down??? Besides super bible thumpers (as in the kind that HAVE to post it in a un related area like this) drive me up the damn wall.

If I did fly this dude (which aint happening) the SECOND I heard "so do you have jesus in your life" or some crap like that, he would find himself abandoned at some airport in BFE.

Almost as bad as those morons on the bikes who want to sell you some god, F' off!

Gas, grass, or.....

Well, no one rides for free, anyways.

That too! It took me a second to figure with his screen name if he was a dude or a chick, but a dude bible thumper... yeah rather poke my eye with a stick

Now a hot chick, I might let her preach for a lil bit :dunno:
1332992709_sexy-nun.jpg

Last edited:
Re:SAN FRANCISCO CFI LOOKING FOR A RIDE TO OSHKOSH

WAW? This got out of hand quick :( I am a Christian but not to the extent of shoving Christianity into anyones face (unless you were to ask), I don't openly preach the word of God to random people or create problems like some of those churches back east. I simply meant it in a way that shows that I do not steal, drink, smoke, party or lie. All I'm looking for is someone that I can possibly ride with, in exchange I can help with fuel, Or any kind of flight training. I have never experienced Oshkosh and thought I'd give it a shot on this forum, but comments like 93K really makes me regret signing up on this forum, thankfully the rest of you nicer guys really evened things out. Thanks Willy, out of concord would be great, let me know. That's a pretty fine nun btw, wish my church had nuns :)

Re: SAN FRANCISCO CFI LOOKING FOR A RIDE TO OSHKOSH

WAW? This got out of hand quick :( I am a Christian but not to the extent of shoving Christianity into anyones face (unless you were to ask), I don't openly preach the word of God to random people or create problems like some of those churches back east. I simply meant it in a way that shows that I do not steal, drink, smoke, party or lie. All I'm looking for is someone that I can possibly ride with, in exchange I can help with fuel, Or any kind of flight training. I have never experienced Oshkosh and thought I'd give it a shot on this forum, but comments like 93K really makes me regret signing up on this forum, thankfully the rest of you nicer guys really evened things out. Thanks Willy, out of concord would be great, let me know. That's a pretty fine nun btw, wish my church had nuns :)

Some are wound a little tight here...just ignore them. Hope you make it to OSH. It's a great experience for any aviator.

And for the record I have no problem with someone stating "Christian morals." It used to be you didn't have to add the qualifier for "morals", but today it's helpful!

I simply meant it in a way that shows that I do not steal, drink, smoke, party or lie.

Coulda just said you were honest and kinda straight edge guy.

Not sure how saying you're of some religious nomination proves you're a "good guy", heck quite a few F'd up things have been done under the name of Christianity.

Not drinking or smoking, no one cares unless someone were to do it in the plane lol

And to compare having a party, a drink or smoking with LYING AND STEALING, makes me question your stability and judgement.

All I'm looking for is someone that I can possibly ride with, in exchange I can help with fuel, Or any kind of flight training. I have never experienced Oshkosh and thought I'd give it a shot

And thats all you needed to say :dunno:

...but comments like 93K really makes me regret signing up on this forum

The Internet provides complete anonymity to those that need it, prefer it, or use it as a tool to get away with being an @$$. As others have said, just skip them, ignore them, or use said anonymity, should you choose to use it, to tell them to f**k off.

Wanna bet? Have you been reading the news lately?

Ah crap he is right, we need to pick sides. I'm an honest god fearing(both of them) Islamic Christian.
<it works the IR laser dot just moved to the neighbors house>:wink2:

Yea, but who the hell puts "christian values" down??? Besides super bible thumpers (as in the kind that HAVE to post it in a un related area like this) drive me up the damn wall.

Who the hell attacks someone for doing so, and thinks their tantrum about it is appropriate for an adult conversation, when first meeting someone?

If he said he was Jewish, Muslim, or Wiccan would you have had the same reaction? Just checking.

I think by Christian morals he meant he wouldn't try taking over your plane and crashing it into a skyscraper.

Who the hell attacks someone for doing so, and thinks their tantrum about it is appropriate for an adult conversation, when first meeting someone?

If he said he was Jewish, Muslim, or Wiccan would you have had the same reaction? Just checking.

Yep, I'd comment if they said that too.

A good friend of mine is gay, you'd never know it though, as it's not realivent to most conversations or business he conducts.

It's not, "Hi I'm Bob, I'm a gay Jew, can I help you list your home?

Gabriel, you are fine, ignore the troll. I'm sure defines himself as a "tolerant" liberal or maybe even a moderate. You offended his "sensibilities" by not falling within his very narrow band of "tolerance". You said nothing wrong and it is he who should be ashamed of his carrying on, not you. Something tells me he won't get it though and more venom will spew....

Thanks Paul, I'm not letting his trolling get to me, I could care less what he says, the only thing he posted on this forum worth looking at was the nun. I'm just trying to focus on finding a ride to Oshkosh, Hopefully things will work out. LOL, BJ Titsengolf is right on the money. Well lets move on and see who replies with an extra seat.

Not eveyone thinks it's a particularly meaningful or positive credential, for a number of reasons. I think you were probably parading it a bit, just by mentioning it.

Good luck with your ride search though. It briefly crossed my mind that I should have done some better vaca planning, because I'd love to go too.

I'm sure defines himself as a "tolerant" liberal or maybe even a moderate.

I dont define myself one way or another

And I'm sure as hell not worried about being "tolerant"

I call it as I see it.

-out

Last edited:
FWIW I would be most suspicious of someone that goes out of their way to tell me they don't steal lie or cheat during an initial introduction.

FWIW I would be most suspicious of someone that goes out of their way to tell me they don't steal lie or cheat during an initial introduction.

Yeah, its just a little weird.

You'd be better off trying here. I know lots of CFIs who will happily trade your gas for their valuable wisdom. My name for them is freeloaders, but your mileage may vary.

Back