CFI-I's logging approaches

i guess i never knew there was any question about that, but thanks for making sure Ron!

i guess i never knew there was any question about that,

Well, yeah, there was (is?). What other task that a student does can a CFI log? Landings comes to mind. In that the CFI cannot log landings a Student does.

Ron, I am glad someone has the horsepower to get an answer from those people. I am oh for I don't know how many.

Well, yeah, there was (is?). What other task that a student does can a CFI log? Landings comes to mind. In that the CFI cannot log landings a Student does.
Didn't ask. However, the old FAQ said you can't count the student's landings, and I doubt many instructors ever get into the position of needing to count their students' landings, anyway. It's not like approaches for CFI-I's, who don't wear hoods while instructing and almost never get to fly a demo approach in the weather. For landings, you don't have to worry about the conditions, just the controls, and there's always a reason to demo at least one a month. Beyond that, I don't know what other tasks you'd need to worry about for currency or certificates/ratings.

BTW, it was four months exactly from the FAA's receipt of my letter to the date on theirs -- typical.

Back