CFI interview

Superpilot61

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Superpilot61
Got an interview!!!:happydance: It is a CFI job at a small airport that is a Cessna pilot center.

Any info on a Cessna pilot center for me? I'm not to familiar with them.

Any Info on CFI interviews or anything related is appreciated.

Thanks!

I am not a CFI and didn't spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night. BUT, I do interview quite a few people every year.
Just BE YOURSELF! Don't try to tell the interviewer what they "want to hear" it will just end in a bad situation in a month or two.
If by being yourself you don't get the job, then it probably is a job you didn't want.

Just my .02.

Close this thread! no more advice please :D

Thanks!

Got an interview!!!:happydance: It is a CFI job at a small airport that is a Cessna pilot center.

Any info on a Cessna pilot center for me? I'm not to familiar with them.

Any Info on CFI interviews or anything related is appreciated.

Thanks!

I see you're DFW based; is it at KGPM? If so, I know the owners. ;-)

When they put the packet of Ramen noodles on the desk, start drooling, then they'll know you're CFI material....

Tell them that you are feeling much better now that you stopped drinking so much and that you learned your lesson after taking that 17 year old across state lines.

On a serious note, as written before, just be yourself. If you lead them to believe things that are not true they will figure it out pretty quickly and be very displeased.

Hope that the interview is oral and not written.

DFW has several Cessna centers. In the best case, find an instructor at the school to which you applied and pay him (or buy him lunch) for an hour or two of orientation and insight into how they do things.

Or go to another one and corner an instructor, ask about the processes, methods, materials, used in their program.

Got a job! Not at the cessna place but its a cfi job.

Currently, if I understand correctly, ther are no "cessna Pilot Centers". Only, ex-Cessna Pilot Centers. They were all canned in the middle of last year's Downturn. So these operators continue just doing flight instruction.

I'm a flight instructor for a Cessna pilot center. Unless you know something I don't, they're still in operation.

I'm a flight instructor for a Cessna pilot center. Unless you know something I don't, they're still in operation.

Funny how the employees are always the last to know. ;)

actually bruce, i think they cut out a layer of middle management in the CPC program, but didn't can the whole program. They need it to sell Skycatchers.

Back