CFI/Flight School KJEF or KCOU

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Hi

My son is returning to Mizzou in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for a good CFI/Flight School in the area? He has about 16 hours on 172s.

Thanks!

Arthur

Okay, I give, what were wrong with the answers you got in July when you asked the same question?

I missed this back in July. I live in Columbia and am a member of Daniel Boone Flying Club at Boonville (KVER). Besides the club (which has a 172, a 182rg undergoing a pre buy & 2 CFIs as members), the FBO has a 172 and a CFI, John Taylor. John is a good, low-key instructor. If you have any questions, just let me know.

I missed this back in July. I live in Columbia and am a member of Daniel Boone Flying Club at Boonville (KVER). Besides the club (which has a 172, a 182rg undergoing a pre buy & 2 CFIs as members), the FBO has a 172 and a CFI, John Taylor. John is a good, low-key instructor. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Where is Daniel Boone? How far a drive? What are the rates? Is there a contact number? Could John call me? 847-962-9311

Thanks
Arthur

Okay, I give, what were wrong with the answers you got in July when you asked the same question?

Hey Tim,

I got a bad report about KCOU training and no specific reports about any instructor or school in any other location. I was hoping for referrals.

So.....if anyone knows of more....Air Associates is too far a drive as well.

Where is Daniel Boone? How far a drive? What are the rates? Is there a contact number? Could John call me? 847-962-9311

Thanks
Arthur

Daniel Boone is a flying club located at Boonville (KVER). It's about a 20-25 minute drive west on I70. The club is an equity club with buy in and monthly fees. If you're interested in the club, I'd be happy to talk with you, but an out of town student might be better served by the FBO. John's number is (660)882-7441 and he can answer your questions.

As an update, my son started in late August at Jefferson City Air Services. He likes it there. Soloed last week. In my dealings with them, they have been very accommodating and professional.

Great! Good for him!

There are a lot of fun places to fly that are an easy trip from Jeff City.

Back