CFI checkride complete !

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
Just to let you know, I took my CFI ride today and passed :goofy:

Congratulations! I hope it's contagious - my flight portion might happen this afternoon depending on how my Inspector feels about the commute.

Learn these two phrases:
"More right foot"
"Well, I can take a check, but I prefer cash..."

Congrats!! You'll be surprised how much your students teach you in the first couple months!

Congratulations!!

Now it's time to update your signature... :wink2:

Congrats!! You'll be surprised how much your students teach you in the first couple months!

~~~~~~~ Right, that's what I've been thinking and frankly it feels a little daunting .... But, well, it's all a continuous learning curve

Just to let you know, I took my CFI ride today and passed :goofy:

Huge congrats. I hope to do that someday.

Why on your map are you avoiding that nice rectangular State north of New Mexico? Come on up to the 40th parallel. We don't bite! :)

~~~~~~~ Right, that's what I've been thinking and frankly it feels a little daunting .... But, well, it's all a continuous learning curve

If you ever stop learning, get concerned.

Congrats! The CFI ride was the most difficult ride I've taken.

Huge congrats. I hope to do that someday.

Why on your map are you avoiding that nice rectangular State north of New Mexico? Come on up to the 40th parallel. We don't bite! :)

~~~~~~ I have a God daughter and a good friend in Colorado.. just might make it up that way soonish

Time to start serving up some acro/spin Kool-Aid to your students! :)

Thats great, I am in the process of finishing up my CFI. If you don't mind, can you post a summary of the ride?

Quick summary:

Teaching: pre flight, start up and taxi, short field take off , straight/level, climbing turns, power on stall w/ secondary stall, discussion of spins and spin recovery in event of poorly executed stalls, lazy eights which I demo'd and then he flew making mistakes and I coached him thru it, how to do a simulated emergency approach to landing, S turns across a road, 8s on pylons, the return to the traffic pattern and setting up for short field landing followed by taxi back w/ soft field take off and then landing. discussion of various types of emergencies - door opening, landing gear failure, low voltage/alternator failure
think that's it - on the last landing which was the soft field landing the examiner said "Jean, there's a coyote on the runway" I said "Good one, John." he said, NO REALLY, look.... and sure enough about 2/3 down the rwy there one stood looking at us and then walking slowly to the edge. That was fun :)... I thought he was kidding because of some joking about coyotes on runways at a safety meeting presentation last year. I have been told that the coyote was an auspicious event.

Back