Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2009

TeenDoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TeenDoc
*****Cross-Posted in Other Aviation Forums*****​

I would like to extend and invitation to all the Cessna pilots in this forum to take part in our 4th Annual Mass Arrival into Oshkosh as part of our 2009 AirVenture celebration.

Our arrival slot is for 1430 CDT on July 25th. We will stage at Dodge County Airport (UNU) in Juneau, Wisconsin and the pre-flight brief will start at 1200 CDT.

As in previous years, the safety of our flight is our main concern. In preparation for the execution of a safe and flawless arrival, we will conduct formation flight training clinics in different locations throughout the United States. More details about our clinics, including locations and dates are available on our website and will be posted in this forum as we approach the date.

There are two absolute requirements that every pilot must meet in order to fly the mass arrival with us. No exceptions.

• Every pilot must participate in at least one of our formation flight training clinic.
  • Every pilot must participate in the pre-flight brief on the day of the arrival.

Pilots wishing to participate must register on our website. The registration process is simple and takes only a couple of minutes. We urge pilots to register early to take advantage of every possible opportunity to participate in our training clinics. The first 75 registered pilots who show up for the pre-flight brief at Juneau on July 25th and who have participated in at least one formation flight training clinic will fly the arrival.

Flying the arrival is only half the fun. After our arrival, we will camp at Cessna Base Camp in the North 40 for the entire week of AirVenture 2009. Some of our most popular activities are the BBQ dinner on Sunday, daily burritos breakfast prepared by our own chef Rodney Swanson and daily aviation movie shows. There will be plenty of food, beer and hangar flying.

Visit our website or send me an email gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com

***** Cross-Posted in Other Aviation Forums *****​

To all Cessna pilots in the Southeast, West Coast and Northeast:

The first three formation flight training clinics of the year in preparation for the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2009 Mass Arrival have been scheduled for the month of March. Each of these clinics will provide initial training for first-time pilots as well as recurrent training for returning pilots who have previously participated in one or more of our clinics. We do not pretend to provide formal formation flight training leading to any kind of certification. The only purpose of these clinics is, as mentioned before, to prepare ourselves for our mass arrival. There is no charge for participating in these clinics.

The first clinic will take place next Saturday, March 7th at 9:00 a.m. CST at Dothan Regional Airport in Dothan, Alabama. We will meet at Flightline of Dothan, one of the two FBO on the field. The host and lead pilot for this clinic will be our Director of Training and Operations, Rodney Swanson.

The second clinic will take place on Saturday, March 14th at 9:00 a.m. PDT at General WM J Fox Airfield (KWJF) in Lancaster, California. We will meet at Foxy's Landing, the restaurant on the field. The host and lead pilot for this clinic will be Captain Mike Jesch.

The third clinic will take place on Saturday, March 21st at 9:00 a.m. EDT at Orange County Airport (KMGJ) in Montgomery, New York. We will meet at Rick's Runway Cafe, the restaurant on the field. I will be the host and lead pilot for this clinic and Captain Craig Johnston will help me out.

I encourage every Cessna pilot in the Southeast, the West Coast or the Northeast who is considering going to Oshkosh this year, even if they have not made a definitive decision to fly the mass arrival, to make an effort to attend one of these clinics. As you all know by now, participation in at least one of our formation training clinics is a requisite to fly the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival into Oshkosh.

Please feel free to email me if you need more information or if you have any questions and, visit our website for the most up to date information about this clinic and Cessnas 2 Oshkosh in general.

Click here to sign up for this clinic if you have already registered to participate in this year's mass arrival or Click here to register for the mass arrival and the clinic using the same form.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter The Pirep.

Gil (TeenDoc)
gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com
http://www.cessnas2oshkosh.com

***** COSS-POSTED ON OTHER AVIATION FORUMS *****​

7:44 AM EDT Last Call for the Orange County Formation Training Clinic!

As of this very moment it's spring in the Northeast. Weather forecast for tomorrow for Orange County Airport (KMGJ), New York couldn't be better.

From the NWS:

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming southwest between 4 and 7 mph.

attachment.php

Let's go flying!

More info about the Orange County formation training clinic here.

Hubby and I would like to attend the training course even though we are not certain whether we can go to Oshkosh this year. We are certain we don't want to fly in the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh formation, but we want to start getting ready mentally by attending the training.

Is there any way to attend the training without paying the $50 each registration fee which includes a shirt and several meals at Oshkosh?

Aunt Peggy, I'm sorry for not responding earlier. It's been a hectic day. I just got home from the office.

Hubby and I would like to attend the training course even though we are not certain whether we can go to Oshkosh this year.
Sure Aunt Peggy, you and him can attend the training session tomorrow, even if you're not certain about OSH this year. In fact, a couple of friends from FRG who are in the same decision state as you, are coming tomorrow.

We are certain we don't want to fly in the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh formation, but we want to start getting ready mentally by attending the training.
Come on and let's go flying. Before you know it, you'll be mentally ready, properly trained for the mission and not so certain anymore. Remember, we are not training to fly wingtip to wingtip. We are training to execute a group arrival into Oshkosh in the safest way possible. Certainly safer than the Ripon/Fisk free-for-all, by far.

Is there any way to attend the training without paying the $50 each registration fee which includes a shirt and several meals at Oshkosh?
We don't charge a penny for the training clinics. The registration fee is for those who are flying the arrival to cover the cost of hats, shirts, the dinner celebration on Sunday and a rental van. If you make it to OSH, you're invited to join us for dinner. Sunday July 26th 5:00 pm. North-40, eight rows east of the shower house. Diana has been to our dinners and can attest to how much fun we have.

I wish i would have known about this before today, but then i don't fly a Cessna. But would like to attend a Clinic on formation flying. amybe someone will do it with Pipers and i'll get to go next year.
Dave G

I wish i would have known about this before today, but then i don't fly a Cessna. But would like to attend a Clinic on formation flying. amybe someone will do it with Pipers and i'll get to go next year.
Dave G
Hey Shipoke,

How're you doing Man? It's been a while. Don't give up hope. Check this out:

attachment.php

This is from last year's clinic in Dothan (KDHN), Alabama.

Try to make it. MGJ is not so far from you.

Fly safe,

Gil

Attachments

• IMG_213.JPG
    IMG_213.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 73
I'd love to come Gil, But i have work to do tomarrow. And i like the picture.
Dave G

OK. Thanks for answering. See you there. Even though it means getting up around 5:00.

You're welcome. I'll see you there. I'm getting up around that time too. But then again, I get up at 5:00 everyday. :yesnod:

I thought that any time you flew into Oshkosh you had to do formation flying. When I arrived in 2003 it seemed like there were so many planes on all sides and in front and in back. I felt like I was flying in formation. I am just kidding I know what you are doing and I wish I could participate some day. Bob

You are welcome to join us anytime you want Bob and I know your kidding. But, you're right about the Ripon/Fisk arrival. I've done it too.

The difference between that one and our arrival is that in our arrival each participating pilot knows who's flying on his/her wing, has the reassurance that the other pilot has trained for the flight, has flown with him/her before, has practice the arrival and has completed a detailed pre-flight brief less than an hour before launch.

In addition, the airport and our route's airspace is closed from the time our flight lead reports 10 miles out until the last one of us lands and is off the runway.

Pretty cool!

***** Cross-Posted in Other Aviation Forums *****​

To all Cessna pilots in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley Regions:

After a week of intense examination of the weather forecast for the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley regions as well as most of the Midwest and Northeast, we have decided to move the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Port Huron Clinic scheduled for Saturday May 9th to Saturday, May 16th. Those pilots who have already signed up for this clinic do not need to sign up again.

If prior committments make it impossible to attend the clinic on the 16th, bear in mind that we have another clinic scheduled for Saturday, May 30th at Waukesha County Airport in Waukesha, WI. Meeting Place: Atlantic Aviation. Time: 9:00 AM CDT. For more details, visit our website www.cessnas2oshkosh.com or drop me a line at gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com

Back