Cessna 310N Exhaust

skyfixer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bill
I am wondering if anyone knows of an STC or if anyone has done a field approval 337 to remove exhaust augmenters from the above model Cessna. I have seen others of this model with them removed. Just want to make it legal. thanks

I am wondering if anyone knows of an STC or if anyone has done a field approval 337 to remove exhaust augmenters from the above model Cessna. I have seen others of this model with them removed. Just want to make it legal. thanks

Yep, there is a Riley STC to put the exhaust out of the bottom of the wing and put locker style Nacelles on. Who has that STC now I don't know.

The switchover to under wing exhaust came with the G model.
310G (1962) was the first with the canted tip tanks; but I do believe 310I (1964) was the first to have the underwing exhaust and nacelle lockers.

310G
cessna_310g.jpg

310I
cessna_310i_1204.jpg

310N
cessna_310n_01.jpg

(Yes, the registrations of the 310G and 310N are the same -- no doubt a company "mule" used for testing each year's changes, and to be prettied up for brochure photos. Cessna did that a lot in the '60s.)

Last edited:
310G (1962) was the first with the canted tip tanks; but I do believe 310I (1964) was the first to have the underwing exhaust and nacelle lockers.

310G
cessna_310g.jpg

310I
cessna_310i_1204.jpg

310N
cessna_310n_01.jpg

(Yes, the registrations of the 310G and 310N are the same -- no doubt a company "mule" used for testing each year's changes, and to be prettied up for brochure photos. Cessna did that a lot in the '60s.)

You are correct.

The 310N does have underwing exhaust and augmentors from the factory. I have a friend who has them removed on his P model via 337. Basically, if your FSDO will do it, you're set.

Keep in mind removing augmentors will hurt your cooling. PM me if you want more info.

The 310N does have underwing exhaust and augmentors from the factory. I have a friend who has them removed on his P model via 337. Basically, if your FSDO will do it, you're set.

Keep in mind removing augmentors will hurt your cooling. PM me if you want more info.

Cooling and exhaust scavenging on the old style exhaust.

LOP doesn't change the exhaust getting on the airframe, which ultimately causes the corrosion.

Back