Cessna 310 B

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Gimme' the poop on the B model. I know the engines and prop, mostly looking for performance numbers and any gotchas.

Also, did they make the B in any other year but '58?

Richard said:
Gimme' the poop on the B model. I know the engines and prop, mostly looking for performance numbers and any gotchas.

Also, did they make the B in any other year but '58?

Nope, I don't think so. Whose are you looking at? Does Ward Foley still have his, I'd like to have his. Bs are my favorite model, the Three across back seat works fine for me. They're honest airplanes, I prefer the 470s to the 520 myself, you can get cruise down to 21-22 gph combined and still see the better side of 2 1/2 miles a minute. Might consider swapping in the TSIO 470s out of the 320 though if you need good altitude performance. The Bs liked 9500-12500, above that and they start getting anemic OEI. You also really have to do some figuring on high D.A. days and fields. Turbos or 520/550 swaps take care of that. They really are good looking airplanes, I always preferred the Tuna Tanks. There's a few good Bs out there, and a whole bunch of junk ones, so watch out, but if you come across a good one and you like, well it's kinda like being married. You don't have any money left, but you're happy with the deal. Oh yeah, it's a lot cheaper to get out of a 310 than it is a wife:D .

Back