Cessna 210L

I knew you'd change your story. :rofl:

That's not a change, I said you need to get it home for $15k where you can start, you just didn't fully comprehend that "get it home" was an inclusive phrase.

Carry thru spar corrosion inspection
Wing spar cracking AD
Crankshaft AD?
Lotta cylinder ADs in recent years
Engine driven hydraulic pump? Or electric/hydraulic pack?
Probably need all new FWF fuel & oil hoses
Might need a new prop
Gascolator, fuel selector valve overhaul.
Probably will need brake swivels fixed
Brake caliper corrosion is common
Brake disk corrosion
It has all the gear doors and any one of those actuators can leak
The center pedestal hydraulic panel might need all new o-rings
Foam filled elevator trim tabs corrosion blobs
Vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer attachment and aft bulkhead are a known problem
I think its 24 volt = $400 battery

That's a few things I can think of.

Its doable but you'll have to donate the airplane :goofy:

One eager mouse looking for a home could have ruined the airplane. Then again, they glued foam to the bottom of the carry thru spar and if its in a wet area its probably toast anyway.

Last edited:
Carry thru spar corrosion inspection
Wing spar cracking AD
Crankshaft AD?
Lotta cylinder ADs in recent years
Engine driven hydraulic pump? Or electric/hydraulic pack?
Probably need all new FWF fuel & oil hoses
Might need a new prop
Gascolator, fuel selector valve overhaul.
Probably will need brake swivels fixed
Brake caliper corrosion is common
Brake disk corrosion
It has all the gear doors and any one of those actuators can leak
The center pedestal hydraulic panel might need all new o-rings
Foam filled elevator trim tabs corrosion blobs
Vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer attachment and aft bulkhead are a known problem
I think its 24 volt = $400 battery

That's a few things I can think of.

Its doable but you'll have to donate the airplane :goofy:

One eager mouse looking for a home could have ruined the airplane. Then again, they glued foam to the bottom of the carry thru spar and if its in a wet area its probably toast anyway.

I wouldn't buy it if your afraid of the work.

I know of several aircraft that sat unattended for years and woke up with minimal work and flew many years with no major problems.

I wouldn't buy it if your afraid of the work.

I know of several aircraft that sat unattended for years and woke up with minimal work and flew many years with no major problems.

Yep, it can happen, talking people into taking the risk really limits the market though. See what people will bid when it comes down to getting real money. Like I said, you are one of the few people it can work for, you buying?

Yep, it can happen, talking people into taking the risk really limits the market though. See what people will bid when it comes down to getting real money. Like I said, you are one of the few people it can work for, you buying?

The OP didn't say it was for sale. or where it was, or what the price will be.

Right now I've way too many things on my plate to take this on.

Of course it's for sale, the dude is liquidating a bankruptcy, he's trying the get rid of it.

Of course it's for sale, the dude is liquidating a bankruptcy, he's trying the get rid of it.

How do you know that? Show me the ad.

Many bankruptcies are settled with out selling the assets.

plus it may get tied up in legal wrangling for years.

So tell me again, how do you know from what you read here that it is for sale?

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, he is looking at a liability, not an asset, either way, the only difference would be how great a liability. I wouldn't attach it if I was him.
Or maybe he could surrender it to the lienholder and wipe out any deficiency.

Or possibly sell the engine to an air boat operator then sell the rest for scrap. Or donate it to an airplane mechanic school. Or put it up on a post and use it for a tetrahedron (sp?). Or put it up in a shooting range and charge people to shoot an airplane.

I see a few possibilites to use this plane if it is decided that it will not ever fly again.

Back