Cessna 182RG for sale

Many Bo's and 210's that were flown (and advertised in for-sale ads) as 170 -knot airplanes are now described as 150-155 knot LOP planes. Amazing what can happen when fuel prices triple.

I can fly 145kts at 2400rpm lean of peak at 8-8.5g/hr. Or I can fly 155kts at 2500rpm rich of peak at 11g/hr. (These numbers at 8-10000msl)

Nearly 30% more gas for an extra 10kts. I don't do it often, usually only when bucking a decent headwind.

Many Bo's and 210's that were flown (and advertised in for-sale ads) as 170 -knot airplanes are now described as 150-155 knot LOP planes. Amazing what can happen when fuel prices triple.

Meanwhile on the other side of the spectrum, flying the RAM IV T310R down to Addison the other day with my friend who owns it (and his credit card paying for fuel), we saw 225 KTAS @ FL200 on an ISA+25C day, which is normal. We were putting as much fuel through one 520 as I normally put through 2, and in a later discussion noted his fuel cost is only slightly lower than our total cost for what is ostensibly the same plane, and previously owned by the same individual.

Man, it sure is fun to fly like that. :)

Meanwhile on the other side of the spectrum, flying the RAM IV T310R down to Addison the other day with my friend who owns it (and his credit card paying for fuel), we saw 225 KTAS @ FL200 on an ISA+25C day, which is normal. We were putting as much fuel through one 520 as I normally put through 2, and in a later discussion noted his fuel cost is only slightly lower than our total cost for what is ostensibly the same plane, and previously owned by the same individual.

A few years back I took a trip with Bob Gerace in his T-310R and he flew it like that, with the "I didn't buy this plane to go slow" attitude. He was also complaining about eating cylinders. I showed him how to use half the fuel and lose 5kts and bring his CHTs down nearly 100°. Unfortunately the economy took a dump the next week and that was the last trip he flew in that plane, otherwise he would have flown it for a while like I showed him and seen the difference.

Long-range cruise in the G-V was .80, but we flew every trip at .87. The boss said he didn't spend $35 million to go slow.

Long-range cruise in the G-V was .80, but we flew every trip at .87. The boss said he didn't spend $35 million to go slow.

Yep. We discussed the lower fuel burn vs. a C90 or Cheyenne that would do similar speed, making it a real bargain at 45 GPH.

Back