Cessna 182 Dog Barrier

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I looking for ideas on how to replicate a "dog barrier" product for cars/trucks like this product and make it fit the C182P.

Idea is to turn the baggage area into a flying dog kennel reducing need to use crates for some of the Pilots-n-Paws mission. Keep the more excitable dogs from hopping over the back seat.

Would prefer a product I can purchase over a DYI project.

Attachments

• 71cXJgH3aKL._SL1000_.jpg
    71cXJgH3aKL._SL1000_.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 40
get a couple wire and soft collapsible crates and be done with it.... petmate will donate them for free

A net might work combined with some spring loaded curtain rods.

I used a setup like this, with the base resting on the back seat. Kinda worked but was a pain to set up so I just tethered the dogs.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    77.8 KB · Views: 43
I used a setup like this, with the base resting on the back seat. Kinda worked but was a pain to set up so I just tethered the dogs.

I'm pretty sure even my 85 lb boy could walk right through the center of that and come up front for a visit with his head over the ccenter console. I think that rack was meant to go behind bench seats and not buckets. LOL

I'm pretty sure even my 85 lb boy could walk right through the center of that and come up front for a visit with his head over the ccenter console. I think that rack was meant to go behind bench seats and not buckets. LOL

I'm actually trying to come up with something for dogs like Deano. You have a similar aircraft, Nate.. What brainstorm could you come up with?

Yeah, the picture is pointless, but replace that with the 182 rear bench seat and you get the idea. It's all adjustable, too. I think I bought mine at Walmart for $20.

Mike, maybe give a call to the manufacturer (if a US company) and tell them the dimensions of what you're looking for. An extra upright or two, and some uncut fence-stock might get you enough where you could customize your own. A Dremel, snips, or hack-saw might be your best bet for a perfect fit. Not totally off the shelf, but not scratch either.

Another option might be hog fencing...for a scratch built option.

Yeah, the picture is pointless, but replace that with the 182 rear bench seat and you get the idea. It's all adjustable, too. I think I bought mine at Walmart for $20.

Maybe if you angled it a bit - the "ceiling" of the baggage compartment in a 182 is mostly window. There might be enough room to make it work.

Last edited:
Maybe if you angled it a bit - the "ceiling" of the baggage compartment in a 182 is mostly window. There might be enough room to make it work.

I set mine on he bench itself, so there is no window overhead. I only had dogs in the backseat, so they didn't care that the seatback as blocked by the divider.

Back