Cessna 150 for sale - not mine

I hate to say this, but he's not going to get that price for it. Pretty bird though. Love the straight-tails.

I'll never forget the first one I saw, at Two Lakes (now Wiley Post) airport in OKC. It looked like a 172 that had been left in the dryer too long.

Never say never... It's one of the nicer 150s I've seen.

Ryan

Not that I've seen. In this market they just don't get that much. I hope your friend gets what he wants. There certainly are few ways to fly less expensively that don't involve kites.

my favorite year is 1964. back window but still straight tail and manual flaps and i think they got 100lb gross weight increase that year but not a big change in empty weight.

pretty looking 150 there though

Never say never... It's one of the nicer 150s I've seen.

Ryan

IMHO. He'll get it or get close to it. Unless the market in texas is just horrible. I saw one sell a few months back for 18,000 and it had been sitting unflown for 2 years and had a bad cylinder... It was a very nice plane the owner just died and it sat for 2 years while the family sorted it out. I'd think a C-150 would be VERY attractive to a buyer just looking to putt around and build time right now. I kinda wish I had bought one every time I fill the tanks in my cherokee. I've probably only "needed" the Cherokee over what a 150 can do 3-4 times in 2 years.

I hate to say this, but he's not going to get that price for it. Pretty bird though. Love the straight-tails.

Yes on the straight-tails!

Don't know if it's worth the price or not but the price barely covers the cost of the (assumed) recent overhaul...if it even covers it. That's a sad statement.

The 150/152, 170 and the 180/185 has held their value thru this depressed market.

150 because they fly cheap, the 170 because it has a fan club, and the 180 is a work horse up north.

He should get the asking price for this one. unfortunately Craig's list is a local advertising and will not get much attention. he should be on ASO or TAP to get the attention he needs to sell.

That's not an unreasonable price imo. If I was looking for a 150 I'd certainly consider it.

The 150/152, 170 and the 180/185 has held their value thru this depressed market.

150 because they fly cheap, the 170 because it has a fan club, and the 180 is a work horse up north.

He should get the asking price for this one. unfortunately Craig's list is a local advertising and will not get much attention. he should be on ASO or TAP to get the attention he needs to sell.

Oh ye of little craigslist faith. Crazedlist.org my friend... I found my plane 800 miles away on craigslist (in an expired ad that I dug up the google cache on no less). Even in sparsely populated MT I know of 3 planes sold on CL. If I were in the market and contemplating a 150 like I was a couple of years ago, this one would probably be sold by now, even just being listed on craigslist. I was scouring.

Oh ye of little craigslist faith. Crazedlist.org my friend... I found my plane 800 miles away on craigslist (in an expired ad that I dug up the google cache on no less). Even in sparsely populated MT I know of 3 planes sold on CL. If I were in the market and contemplating a 150 like I was a couple of years ago, this one would probably be sold by now, even just being listed on craigslist. I was scouring.

I know Craig's list works, and is free, but people looking wouldn't go there first, as they will T-A-P or other aircraft pages.

I would advertise an aircraft on Craigslist. Why not? It's free. But I wouldn't expect much to come of it. My 150 sold on TAP.

I get this message

Crazedlist allows you to search multiple craigslist.org sites at once. However in order to do so you must disable referrers in your web browser. Doing so prevents craigslist from knowing that you have come from this site and prevents them from blocking your results.

If you are unable to disable referrers you can try using the "Get Feeds" feature which allows you to get an OPML file of the RSS feeds for your search instead of performing a search in the web browser. To do this, close this pop up, fill out your search, then click "Get Feeds" instead of "Search".

Sorry, but as far as i know there is no way to disable referrers in Safari, so this site will not work for you.

Please try using Firefox instead

I know Craig's list works, and is free, but people looking wouldn't go there first, as they will T-A-P or other aircraft pages.

I must be a Yeti then, Every aircraft I took the time to go see in person was the ones I found on craigslist. I found the sellers to be more realistic than the stuff on TAP. The TAP website is so god awful horrible that I quit even looking there. Waiting half an hour to see pictures of cherokees priced 10K over market value wasn't on my list of things to do.

I get this message

Crazedlist allows you to search multiple craigslist.org sites at once. However in order to do so you must disable referrers in your web browser. Doing so prevents craigslist from knowing that you have come from this site and prevents them from blocking your results.

If you are unable to disable referrers you can try using the "Get Feeds" feature which allows you to get an OPML file of the RSS feeds for your search instead of performing a search in the web browser. To do this, close this pop up, fill out your search, then click "Get Feeds" instead of "Search".

Sorry, but as far as i know there is no way to disable referrers in Safari, so this site will not work for you.

Please try using Firefox instead

If you're not using safari, disable referrers!

I hope he does. I suspect he's looking to move up and that's why I posted it here. I am not getting any cut or anything, I just want to see him do well.

Ryan

I hope he does. I suspect he's looking to move up and that's why I posted it here. I am not getting any cut or anything, I just want to see him do well.

Ryan

put it on E-bay

Ryan

Out of curiosity I plugged in the TTAF and SMOH numbers into AOPA vref and the NAAA Evaluator on trade-a-plane and both agreed on a rough estimate of $22k. The NAAA lists typical range for that vintage between $10k and $16k. Vref says the added value comes mostly from the low SMOH.

Odd thing though - the NAAA Evaluator says an overhaul to FAA Service Limits suggests a value in the $22k range, but an overhaul to new limits suggests a value in the $18k range. Not sure I follow that (unless I entered something wrong.)

That picture doesnt do it justice, its a really slick 152. It's also got shoulder harnesses

You know, David, I've never seen the words "slick" and "152" juxtaposed before!

;)

PS...it's a 150 by the way. But I've never seen the words "slick" and "150" justaposed either!

PPS...how's that ticket training coming?

put it on E-bay
I talked to him today (he was flying it again) and he said he's not in a hurry to sell it, but thought he'd start trying. Ie. he doesn't need to do a "fire sale." It IS a nice bird.

Ryan

Trade-a-plane is neither expensive nor ineffective. Controller was free last time I checked. I wouldn't allow my friends to promote a sale I wasn't willing the promote myself.

If he isn't in a hurry, he should keep the damn thing until he is and not waste anyone's time.

Trade-a-plane is neither expensive nor ineffective. Controller was free last time I checked. I wouldn't allow my friends to promote a sale I wasn't willing the promote myself.

If he isn't in a hurry, he should keep the damn thing until he is and not waste anyone's time.

THUMPER... What did your father tell you this morning?

THUMPER... What did your father tell you this morning?

question-mark.jpg

Why would anyone want to wait until they had to sell ?

Why would anyone care that someone cares that someone else would want to unnecessarily deal with tire kickers?

Why would anyone care that someone cares that someone else would want to unnecessarily deal with tire kickers?

Because they hate to see a website they enjoy visiting get filled up with unnecessary negativity and unsolicited criticism.

And why not? 20k for only 90 SMOH! I could've bought it if I were still on the market, and lost my legs (I only look at post-1973 150s because that's when they installed the lowered seats that permit me to fit into the airplane).

IMHO. He'll get it or get close to it. Unless the market in texas is just horrible. I saw one sell a few months back for 18,000 and it had been sitting unflown for 2 years and had a bad cylinder... It was a very nice plane the owner just died and it sat for 2 years while the family sorted it out. I'd think a C-150 would be VERY attractive to a buyer just looking to putt around and build time right now. I kinda wish I had bought one every time I fill the tanks in my cherokee. I've probably only "needed" the Cherokee over what a 150 can do 3-4 times in 2 years.

Meh, I disagree. I owned a c-150, sold it early this year. Even 200nm hoppers were painful. 92kts on a good day. Moving up to a 172 makes all the difference in the world to me, from comfort to extra stuffin' room. 172s are a cave compared to a 150, or even a cherokee. Also, unless you're a picky owner, the maintenance cost of ongoing operation for a cherokee/172 should not be that significant over that of a 150. Im currently in the market for a 172.

Granted, you could do away with the 180hp in your cherokee and the inability to run mogas without an expensive re-plumbing, and fix pretty much 99% of your perceived problem. You can always do the 150 mission in a cherokee. Furthermore, the thing [150] still burns 6gal/hr to go the speed of smell with a case of 'airline armpits' for your troubles, so the 150 efficiency is actually pretty horrendous. If im going to kill baby seals for the priviledge, I rather get there before the family minivan....I fully recognize that my eventual reason for having purchased the 150 in the first place was the acquisition costs. As I learned during my ownership of the thing, the mx, inspection, insurance and hell even fuel costs, are NOT in effect significantly different than a 172. ergo, if i can afford to maintain a 150 to airworthiness (nominal/minimal) standards, i can do the same for a cherokee/172.

Back