Century I AP Repairs

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I'm looking for a shop to do a repair on my Century I AP. Plenty of servo sounds just doesn't seem to engage. Any recomendations in the Dleaware, NJ or PA area???

Lancaster Avionics at LNS. But be prepared to find out the repair cost is more than the unit is worth.

Gary, I deal with Penn for avionics work on our CAP planes. I'll check with them to see if they work on Century.

Edit, according to their website they do work on Centurys http://www.pennavionics.com/ac_maint_info.htm.

Lee

I'll give them a call in the morning. If we get a break in the wx I can make the quick hop. I also wan to get a price from them to panel mount the 496.

Griffin Avionics in Hyannis, MA (KHYA).

A bit of in-flight diagnostics with someone who knows the system would be useful. I know that spending some time with Lance showing me how to use my Century IIIB was very helpful. Now that I've got the new parts, I can hopefully get the thing back together and functioning eventually...

I have NO IDEA the cost but while your speaking with the shop compare the price of a 2 axis installation to the repairs needed.

I have NO IDEA the cost but while your speaking with the shop compare the price of a 2 axis installation to the repairs needed.

I'll be asking that very question.......

Griffin Avionics in Hyannis, MA (KHYA).
A bit of in-flight diagnostics with someone who knows the system would be useful. I know that spending some time with Lance showing me how to use my Century IIIB was very helpful. Now that I've got the new parts, I can hopefully get the thing back together and functioning eventually...

Actually gave them some thought, they seem to have a good reputation. I can Take Mary along for a weekend get away and get the AP fixed or updated. There is always a method to my madness!

Ask for Ken

Shot an email over to Ken this afternoon, I'll try and catch up with him and see what he thinks.

Last edited:
JUst make sure you take their time estimate and double it, then add 1 week. BTDT.

Diito, one the timeframe anyway. Unless you make an appointment with them which I hear is a good idea. Recall my september where 09L was there for the Mode-C fix.

Ken is very nice to work with.

I used penn for my bonanza and they do good work. I've heard good things about an avionics shop at Deck airport near Harrisburg, PA. I can't remember the name of the shop.
Dave

Back