Central serous retinopathy

Jenkins1009

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jenkins1009
Has anyone been diagnosed with central serous retinopathy? What type of issues have you encountered with the FAA when getting your medical?

Thanks!

Well, you get required to show the flurascein angiogram annually with formal visual fields. If your field is preserved and the vascular leak is not going bazongas, you get recertified. You'd go to the opthalmologist at least every 6 months anyway and he'd do the testing annually anyway.

As for why and who for the illness, we don't really understand it.

Is it possible to get a FAA class 2 medical with CSR? What is the process? I have had it for several years and have not told anyone in fear of losing my license.

Unreg, thank you for the call this early AM. I DO think we can get this done with zero danger- but the trick is the FULL package in one submission/discussion with the Federal guy.

As I detailed:
Flurascein angiogram.
Opthalmologist's letter (maybe on an 8500-7 form)
Humphrey Visual Fields

If there's a problem, it takes six weeks to win you the monocular waiver on the good, opposite eye.

This is one that I think you should let me do.....too much at stake to ruin it.
Dr. Bruce

Bruce,
Can you get a medical if there is still fluid present?

I had CSR in 08' and was lucky - within 21 days it was gone - fluid and all and my vision returned to 20/15 with no residual effects.

Two weeks ago it came back! It appears its on the same trajectory as last time as the OCT scan taken 7 days after the original already shows substantially less fluid. I will go back in Tuesday to see if things are staying the same or improving. It appears things are improving just by the way I see things but isn't 100% yet (yet I can still see 20/20 at all three distances)

Last time I got my medical back after CSR (08') my AME called OKC and was able to issue my medical right there with supporting documents. Is it reasonable to expect the same outcome again if all the documentation is in line:
* FA showing no leak
* OCT showing normal
* 8500-7 form complete
* Letter from Retinal Spec.
* HFT report?

I'm concerned that OKC will want to do a full review which will financially hit me as this is my career.

Thanks for any insight.

I can't remember if you are on a special issuance or not.

Would you ping me at bbchien @ comcast.net no spaces and maybe I can find the old emails....(and privately held names, really help).

Bruce,
I'm not sure how to ping :)

I have not contacted you before and I am not on a special issuance. Really just curious what is going to happen since this is a reoccurrence. Will it move to a special issuance or not if its gone, etc?

My biggest concern is there going to make me wait a couple of months.

Bruce,
I'm not sure how to ping :)

I have not contacted you before and I am not on a special issuance. Really just curious what is going to happen since this is a reoccurrence. Will it move to a special issuance or not if its gone, etc?

My biggest concern is there going to make me wait a couple of months.

Just e-mail him at the address in his message. "Ping" was a figure of speech. Best of luck to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back